Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

GRIPS 2019 (Stanford GeneCamp)

Soldier-of-GodSoldier-of-God Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
Has anyone who applied heard back from GRIPS yet? someone I know already got accepted and another person got an interview. I haven't gotten either, has anyone else not gotten anything/heard from them?

Replies to: GRIPS 2019 (Stanford GeneCamp)

• zhangtom54321zhangtom54321 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    i've already gotten accepted to the program. fyi they said they're accepting roughly 20 people this year, and usually not more than 1 person from each HS
  • veeyesveeyes Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    @zhangtom54321 congratulations on your accomplishment. If you don't mind sharing which high school you are from and also some tips on what was asked in the interview? Which aspect of your profile attracted them to select you?
  • zhangtom54321zhangtom54321 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks! i go to monta vista, and they said they were interested me because of my strong cs background, especially some projects I'd in the past involving machine learning & data science. I don't really have tips for the interview, was pretty generic for me, just be yourself and you should be good
  • cali100000cali100000 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    @zhangtom54321 congrats! when did you get the interview call and the acceptance letter?
  • veeyesveeyes Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    Did any one else got into GRIPS program for this summer? Do they send reject emails?