right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Spain? Italy? Hawaii? Where do you want to travel WHILE getting college credit? REGISTER NOW for a virtual College Fair on Sept. 29!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Bank of America Student Leaders 2020

ctynightlightsctynightlights 12 replies9 threads Junior Member
Hiii I didn't see this anywhere so I just decided to make one. I know it's a little early :/
476 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Bank of America Student Leaders 2020

• SrzxyzSrzxyz 24 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Is the application out yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • zonezonezonezone 20 replies1 threads Junior Member
  • infojunkie8infojunkie8 1 replies0 threads New Member
    The application is supposed to open today but I can't find it anywhere. Has anybody found it yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • SrzxyzSrzxyz 24 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @infojunkie8 The application is out now
    · Reply · Share
  • coffeelovrcoffeelovr 4 replies0 threads New Member
    Hi everyone! I was thinking about applying but tracked back the 8 weeks (from July 13-18), and it seems the program starts in mid May. Does anyone know how previous student leaders managed the 35 hours in a week during school? Thanks
    · Reply · Share
  • thinkingoffoodthinkingoffood 17 replies1 threads Junior Member
    July 13-18 isn't necessarily the last week of the program. I think that it says on the website that the start date varies based on your market, so when your school ends probably plays into that. Hopefully that helps!
    · Reply · Share
  • IthynacIthynac 2 replies0 threads New Member
    July 13-18 might be the start, since the program mentions how you must be able to work until September :)
    · Reply · Share
  • IthynacIthynac 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Does anyone know how local the “local non-profit organization” is? They also mentioned something in the application abt how “to make every effort at transportation.” Does that mean they’ll provide for us transportation or?
    · Reply · Share
  • ice1nmyveinsice1nmyveins 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Does anyone know why I am not allowed to participate from Dallas county? Is there any other way I can be a BoA Student Leader?
    · Reply · Share
  • tanpuppy7tanpuppy7 14 replies0 threads New Member
    Isn't Dallas included in the Houston market? I remember reading that multiple cities were included in the Houston market, including Dallas and San Antonio.
    · Reply · Share
    edited January 16
    Does anyone know if there are interviews for the Houston market and how many people approximately get accepted in that market since it is pretty large?
    edited January 16
    · Reply · Share
  • on_that_grind_on_that_grind_ 15 replies1 threads Junior Member
    edited January 16
    just houston for houston market not san antonio or dallas
    edited January 16
    · Reply · Share
    yah I was going through the college confidential discussions all the way till 2009 lol and saw that they're separate markets
    · Reply · Share
  • curlygirl675curlygirl675 60 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Does anyone know anything about the Chicago Market? Like what kind of internships the students complete and when the internships start?
    · Reply · Share
  • sdav2003sdav2003 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Does anyone know if there are interviews for the San Diego market?
    · Reply · Share
  • coffeelovrcoffeelovr 4 replies0 threads New Member
    Okay this is a stupid question but does anyone how helpful attaching a resume is? Mine is p much the same thing as my extracurricular list
    · Reply · Share
    Extracurricular list? Do you mean the community/volunteering activities list?
    · Reply · Share
  • Duke47Duke47 13 replies0 threads New Member
    @browniegoldie I can confirm most of this to be true.

I did the program last year so I'll break down what you said as much as I can.

They don't care about stats whatsoever. People who do this program go on to attend Ivy Leagues and Community Colleges.

I worked at the Boys and Girls Club myself, as do probably around half the markets. In short, I was a camp counselor for 7/8 weeks with minor additional projects here and there.

I am from Connecticut, and never received an interview nor heard any information about one.

I'd pick this program over nearly every other summer program out there beside MITES/RSI/TASPs. It's just as prestigious as those three, but if you get the opportunity to go to MIT or Cornell for free for 6 weeks you should do that. Though, keep in mind BoA's acceptance rate is lower than TASPs, so it may be harder to get into especially depending on the market.

The 8 week period will work with when you have school. I started the day after my school year ended, so from mid June to early August. This was the average for all markets. For some, they started in May and the week in DC was their final week. For others, the week in DC was week #1. It was week #4 for me.

You will not be working at the bank, lol.

You are paid $15 an hour. Stipend is given to the non-profit. Do not worry about any other logistics. It is a job that pays you $15 an hour, which includes $15*35 hours for the week in DC.

You can't miss the submit, but most markets are lenient on missing a day here or there. My friends in Jacksonville missed entire weeks no problem, but I was unable to miss two weeks I requested off.

Yes, 40 hour weeks. I worked 8:30-4:30 with lunch at 12-1.

Hopefully I covered almost everything. If you have any other questions about the program feel free to ask here or send me a direct message.
    · Reply · Share
    @Duke47
    What advice would you give for the essays? Should I just write and then edit for word count? (I feel like this would showcase my personality more). Or do you think revising is necessary? (My problem with this is that I may try to gear my essay towards what I think the readers want to hear instead of my honest responses). Also, people who participated from other years said that they were paid $10 per hour. Do you think you were paid $15 just because of the market you were in? Or have they increased the pay since last year? Thank you!
    · Reply · Share