right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

COSMOS 2020 Thread

yeetskeetyeetskeet 22 replies6 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
Hi guys!

From what i can see, at the moment there isn't a thread for COSMOS 2020 so I'm starting one.

Just some general questions I have
1. best campus (like scenery and just general niceness)
2. most and least competitive campus or clusters
3. other ppl who have gotten in stats or watever

i really want to do a bio cluster because I LOVE biology, but i heard those are REALLLY competitive

my stats
asian gorl (if that matters)
9th grade (which sucks because 9th graders don't really get in ;(

academics
-4.0 GPA hopefully
- taking APWH and AP Calc BC this year
- took 5 APs last year (Calc BC, Bio, Macro/Microecon, Psych)
- 2 800's on SAT Subject tests (Bio M and Math 2)

extracurriculars
- choir since grade 1 (but that probs don't really matter cuz its a STEM camp rip)
- science bowl since 6th grade, went to nats last year and got 6th out of 48 teams
- and thats basically it rip

( ^^^ not trying to flex bros. i don't want to be that one pretentious fool who has a huge ego :( but thats wat i sound like right now ik)

last year i applied but i didn't get in. probs cuz i realized cosmos was a thing like 2 weeks before the deadline but watever.

do you think i have a chance? i don't have that many sciency extracirriculars which sucks.
also which cluster/school should i apply.

(note - i realllllly want to go to COSMOS because freedom from parents and actualy hands on experience. also everyone says COSMOS is really fun and interesting)

6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: COSMOS 2020 Thread

• yeetskeetyeetskeet 22 replies6 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
  • BeHappy777BeHappy777 16 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I have not been to COSMOS myself, I am applying this year, but I've heard from people that did attend COSMOS that the younger you are, although it is true you are given less priority to be accepted, if you have good stats, extracurriculars, and academic classes, you will still have a bit of a better chance of getting in compared to people of your age. Also, just because biology clusters are really competitive, doesn't mean you shouldn't apply to it! Besides, you still would have your second choice to maybe apply for something non-biology-related.
    · Reply · Share
    @BeHappy777 Thank you for your advice! Good luck
    · Reply · Share
  • BeHappy777BeHappy777 16 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @yeetskeet You're welcome, and same to you!
    · Reply · Share
  • houalschoualsc 4 replies11 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Do current juniors stand a chance at getting into COSMOS? because I heard most of the people accepted are sophomores.
    · Reply · Share
    @houalsc really? I'm pretty sure juniors are admitted with the highest rates because it is the last year they can attend COSMOS.
    · Reply · Share