Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Presidential Classroom program

walt99walt99 Registered User Posts: 701 Member
edited July 2008 in Summer Programs
I received a brochure from this organization today - just wondering if anyone knows about/has participated in one of their programs?
Post edited by walt99 on

Replies to: Presidential Classroom program

• Jimmy2eJimmy2e Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I received the very same letter today also. Is presidential classroom like exclusive or is it just a letter they send out when they get my name on a list from the college board? Are their programs any good? or.. what? does it look good for college applications (hehe im doing mine). But u know im just wondering. Any info would be superb!
  • walt99walt99 Registered User Posts: 701 Member
    I'm wondering the same things - no replies yet though!
  • Jimmy2eJimmy2e Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Still waiting.. any ideas?
  • walt99walt99 Registered User Posts: 701 Member
    I really want to apply for this program, but the $150 non-refundable application fee is making me reluctant.
  • RootBeerCaesarRootBeerCaesar Registered User Posts: 1,377 Senior Member
    Its not that prestigious, especially since they say they will probally offer you a 60% scholarship if your GPA is above like 3.0 I believe. I got a letter too but I dont believe its of any major worth, certainly nothing like RSI or even 1% of it.
  • thoughttrackthoughttrack Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    I did the National Security and Intelligence session at Presidential Classroom last week - had a great time!! There may not be too many requirements to get in other than community/school involvement and good grades, but out of the 170 students there, I was surprised how well-rounded and reasonable everyone was. I really feel that they couldn't have possibly filtered out students any better - it was an unbelievable group. And it's definitely worth it even if you don't mention it to colleges (but you should anyway). PM with any questions.
This discussion has been closed.