Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

NJ Scholars vs. NJ Governor's School?

4th house4th house Registered User Posts: 380 Member
edited November 2007 in Summer Programs
Anybody want to weigh in on the pros and cons of each? Alumni? Anyone?

Which is more challenging to get accepted to? Which is more prestigious?
Post edited by 4th house on

Replies to: NJ Scholars vs. NJ Governor's School?

• classof09classof09 Registered User Posts: 944 Member
    I heard Govschool is harder to get into... but I have no idea. I would like ot know too.
  • roamorseroamorse Registered User Posts: 843 Member
    i applied to both and had the two interviews within one week of each other; heard from govschool first (i applied for visual arts), so i pulled out of nj scholars because i was binded to govschool.

didn't end up going to either, so i can't tell you about the actual programs, but as for "which one is harder to get into" i think it depends on which school you're applying to. i know they ended up taking 15 visual artists, and nj scholars take 39. they're both respectable programs, but i do know that some high schools (read: mine) make a big deal about not saying no to govschool. basically, the lesson is this: go to TASP.
  • happycollegemomhappycollegemom Registered User Posts: 1,170 Senior Member
    my vote is governor school!
  • tunit2190tunit2190 Registered User Posts: 555 Member
    GOVERNOR"S SCHOOL! (especially international studies one...U WON"T REGRET IT...we were the best anyway...hands downnn)
  • 4th house4th house Registered User Posts: 380 Member
    International Studies is precisely the one being considered. Small world. But I wish someone would chime in with an opinion on NJ Scholars. Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?
  • TaedeorTaedeor Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Well, I can't say anything about NJ scholars, but I went to the NJ Governor's School on the Environment this last summer and it was AMAZING!!!!!
  • papakipari786papakipari786 Registered User Posts: 143 Junior Member
    i personally think both are greatt....but my teacher who as a student got accepted to both felt the NJ Scholars program is more prestigious
  • greenstickygreensticky Registered User Posts: 143 Junior Member
    I vote GovSchool.

I have a friend who did NJ Scholars, and another one who is now at Lehigh. They also loved the experience. ^^ However GovSchool, at my school anyway, is seen as more prestigious.
  • radionowhereradionowhere Registered User Posts: 391 Member
    wow, ive heard that njscholars is wayyy more prestigous. a bunch of kids from my school go to governors school (but we have graduating classes of 500 so mabye my perspective is skewed) and only one or two get into njs.
This discussion has been closed.