Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Summer Adventure 2-3 weeks for 18-22 yr olds

KatjaKatja Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
edited February 2009 in Summer Programs
Summer Adventure/Outward Bound-Type Programs
Do any of you know any good, solid, reasonably-priced 2-3 week summer adventure programs in the US for the 18-22 year olds?

Keys for us are that
1) program is good, solid, respectable program,
2) 18+ age range &
3) "Reasonably priced" is key for us--- My d & I have found some excellent adventure leadership &/or outward bound-like programs, but they are all very expensive ($4000. range for 2-3 weeks without including airfare).

My d is flexible about the types of "adventures"----rock climbing, kayaking, backpacking, sailing, hands-on wilderness activities. Somewhere east of the Mississippi or along the east coast would reduce travel costs.

Thanks for any ideas!
Post edited by Katja on

Replies to: Summer Adventure 2-3 weeks for 18-22 yr olds

• class2009class2009 Registered User Posts: 167 Junior Member
    what programs have you found for the 18+ range, you said that you found some but they were expensive. id be interested in knowing what they were because im 18 and looking for a summer program and having some trouble finding one.
  • whynotmithoowhynotmithoo Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
    National Geographic Student Expeditions has programs for college-aged kids. They are expensive _ 6000+.
  • lemon_lime_rushlemon_lime_rush Registered User Posts: 403 Member
    Check with her school. I know UCSD offers 1 week adventures to its students for reasonable prices (I think about $600). There's rafting, surfing, snowboarding trips, etc.
This discussion has been closed.