Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

MITES 2011 Information & Discussion

Replies to: MITES 2011 Information & Discussion

• CPUscientist3000CPUscientist3000 Registered User Posts: 5,450 Senior Member
    Guys, chill :)
    They always give a date and never adhere to it
  • nhi1605nhi1605 Registered User Posts: 146 Junior Member
    Well they did adhere to the April 19th deadline for me...argh yes I'll call them tomorrow.
    @MPiccolo, how do you know there's only 2 waitlisters?
  • MPiccoloMPiccolo Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    nhi:

Just two people on the boards said they were waitlisted, you and infinite are the only ones who said they were waitlisted on cc.
  • ecks71ecks71 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    MPiccolo:

thanks! im soo excited, seven weeks and counting down!
  • infinite0000infinite0000 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    nhi:
    yes, there's only two of us in this thread shown as waitlisted, but I bet that there is a whole lot more waitlist-ers reading this thread! lol
    I hope we both get in though! I'll let you know if I get anything. Please give me updates too! :)
    Yea, I was wondering how many total waitlisters there are... Probably 10-20 since it seems 20% of mites applicants are on cc. Anyways I re read the e2 update thy sent out and it says, "waitlisters may be notified of their status some time next week"... So pray for this week infinite!
    So I called MITES today and they said they will get back to me about my status tonight or tomorrow. I hope the same applies to you infinite!
    omg! :) I called them too, but my call went to voicemail. When did you call? Did they tell you how they're going to let you know? I bet you're anxious.. I am! lol
    Well i called during 2pm pst. I think they'll notify me through phone tomorrow since the lady took my phone number... I too am really eager to find out the final decision!
    I got a mail from MIT so I was superrr anxious. It turns out that the letter was a hard copy form of the email that they sent out for E2. It says that wait list results will come out "next week".. hopefully that's soon!! and everytime I call mites, it goes straight to the voicemail! Did you call 6172533298?
    I called again today and she said she'll let me know "as soon as possible"... and yes that is the number i used. Maybe you're calling during MIT's lunch time?
  • CPUscientist3000CPUscientist3000 Registered User Posts: 5,450 Senior Member
    Guys I know you're nervous, but don't constantly call.

Either way you have something.
    Does that mean that they don't have the results out yet? because if they did, they would have told you, right? I'm so sad that I keep missing the chance to talk to them.. I'll try again tomorrow.. then I'll stop lol :P
    It seems like the final list with admitted people who were waitlisted have not been made on Tuesday yet. We will now see...I hope they email.

Anyhow MITES gave me two scare: 1 scare when the E2 letters came in the mail. The envelope was pretty thick so my heart jumped a few feet. Scare 2 is from the email from MIT today....T.T...I thought it was MITES related.

and @CPU, thanks. Sometimes I lose sight of that. Patience is a virtue that I need to work on. I will try to be extra patient now. =)
  • RestrictionRestriction Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    My friend was accepted into MITEs today. He was wait listed.
This discussion has been closed.