Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UAlbany writing requirements

joeyl11joeyl11 Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
I visited UAlbany today and they stated today that the only writing requirement they need is the common app which is 250-650 words. Yet, I was looking on the website just now and they said that the writing is between 250-500 words? Plus, the regular decision deadline is March 1st but the website says that they start sending out decisions on Feb 1st? Thanks everyone!

Replies to: UAlbany writing requirements

• Erin's DadErin's Dad Super Moderator Posts: 35,727 Super Moderator
    Rolling admissions. http://www.albany.edu/admissions/step_apply.php
    If you’ve already completed the essay component on the Common Application or SUNY Supplemental Application, you do not need to submit another essay
  • LiberaCivitasLiberaCivitas Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    edited August 2016
    Will you be applying as a freshman or a transfer? If you're applying as a Freshman (which I believe you are, from the information given) then you only need to submit the Common Application essay which is 250-650 words. The 250-500 word essay appears to be for those who opted to not use either the CommonApp or the SUNY Supplemental, and who instead submitted a paper application.

If you're using the Common Application, follow the 250-650 word instructions on there.
  • joeyl11joeyl11 Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    @LiberaCivitas yeah I'm applying as a freshman. Thanks for everything and thank you to @Erin's Dad as well!
This discussion has been closed.