Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please note that there will be maintenance work done at 9:00am ET Friday, June 22nd. While it is very unlikely, this may result in 15 minutes maximum of downtime. Thank you in advance for your understanding!

Binghamton acceptance

annat13annat13 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
Hi I am currently trying to transfer to Binghamton university for sophomore year. My first semester I ended with a 2.9 and this semester they asked for a progress report and I have a 3.6 does anyone know the odds would be for me to be accepted? Thanks

Replies to: Binghamton acceptance

• MeismomMeismom Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    Since you only have one semester in college, it depends on what your high school record and test scores look like. But, I think it's a good sign that they asked for your midterm grades, they are clearly considering you! My son is in a similar place, he screwed up freshman year and ended with a 2.5. But, in fall -- first semester sophomore year -- he had a 3.8. Binghamton recently asked for his midterm grades too. Good luck to both of you.
  • sccctransfersccctransfer Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    Definitely depends on the program you applied to at Bing, as some are a lot more rigorous to get into than others. I am currently awaiting to hear back for SOM. In my opinion, I'd look at the progress report as a good thing though.
  • annat13annat13 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Thanks I applied to Harpur school of arts and sciences which Isn't as competitive but Ik that Binghamton is a rigorous school
  • GMKoonGMKoon Registered User Posts: 564 Member
    What school are you applying from?
  • annat13annat13 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Temple Univeristy in Philadelphia
This discussion has been closed.