Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Binghamton University Super Occupancy Housing

starliffystarliffy Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
edited June 2017 in SUNY at Binghamton
So apparently my four suitemates and I have gotten it wrong from the beginning. We are not in a four person suite, we are in a six person suite. The third room contains a triple of people we've never spoken to before. This is called Super Occupancy Housing, which is supposedly temporary. Can anyone tell me what it's like? Is this actually temporary? How bad is it?

Replies to: Binghamton University Super Occupancy Housing

• STEM2017STEM2017 Registered User Posts: 3,132 Senior Member
    Are you saying they are converting the common area of your suite to a triple bedroom? If so, that does NOT sound good.

Good luck.
  • rebeccarrebeccar Registered User Posts: 2,128 Senior Member
    It sounds like you're in a suite with three bedrooms: 2+2+3 (the 3 being the forced triple). Is that right? It shouldn't be so bad especially because you're not in the room with the three. What they do is turn one of the beds into a bunk bed. They try to get the extra person out ASAP, timing varies, and you get a discount on your housing too, so that's nice.