Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SUNY at Buffalo vs Canisius College for pre med

robinmirobinmi Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited August 2013 in SUNY at Buffalo
Hello, I just wanted some advice for which college I should go to for my undergrad. I am going to be a senior in high school in September. Please advise the pros and cons between the two or if you know of a college in western new york that would be better. Also, please advise which major would be best for MCAT preparation and medical school.

My overall GPA is a 92%
My SAT scores are 760 math 630 reading

thanks in advance!
Post edited by robinmi on

Replies to: SUNY at Buffalo vs Canisius College for pre med

• nik795nik795 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    I would definatly go for UB if I were you. Its nationally ranked, its more selective, and its more well known. It'll be easier to get a job too because UB has more resources. Also, since UB is also a part of the SUNY system, u can go to any other sunny if they offer a program that UB doesn't.
  • robinmirobinmi Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    That is what i originally thought but with the average class size being 200, I am not sure how well i will learn in that kind of environment. The average class size at canisius is about 35
  • MidhelperMidhelper Registered User Posts: 630 Member
    Any more input on this?
  • ayitsmebrittanyayitsmebrittany Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Canisius has advantages in that it has very small class sizes and you can form relationships with your professors. Also, Canisius is literally right next to a hospital, so I doubt that there are any shortages in internships etc for pre med students.
This discussion has been closed.