Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Anyone living off-campus?

guitarman31guitarman31 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited April 2012 in SUNY at Geneseo
Anyone living off-campus or have any idea where I can get more information?

Is it that much cheaper to live off campus?
Transfer Student.
Thanks.
Post edited by guitarman31 on

Replies to: Anyone living off-campus?

• fulkulturfulkultur Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    you might have to live on campus for at least two years. that's how it is for us but I don't know about transfers. i'm living off campus next year and it's going to be a lot cheaper. Try this site For rent, Geneseo NY - find houses and apartments or ambassador apartments, court side apartments, or the meadows
  • CJMomCJMom Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    My daughter lives off campus in a studio apartment at Courtside Apartments. She loves it there. It is right across the street from the north side of campus. There are a number of complexes off Court Street. There are also lots of housing in older houses in the area. But I wouldn't delay. Some people actually sign leases in the fall for the following fall! That surprised me.

I would call the office of off-campus living. Department of Off Campus Living | SUNY Geneseo The woman there is VERY helpful! She would also have a list of sublets for students living abroad in the Fall. That could be a place to start.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.