Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Any parents of Brockport students?

notan4menotan4me Registered User Posts: 224 Junior Member
edited May 2012 in SUNY - General
My S just sent in his deposit to Brockport, and I was wondering if there are any parents (or students!) here to share some words of wisdom...hopefully lots of good stuff!
Post edited by notan4me on

Replies to: Any parents of Brockport students?

• notan4menotan4me Registered User Posts: 224 Junior Member
    So I'm all alone here...?
  • agarganoagargano Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Talk about waiting until last minute, but I think my son has finally decided on Brockport. Came down to choosing between Lynchburg College in VA and Fredonia. Hope is is happy. We are from Westchester and my son will be majoring in History.
    We're from Long Island and my S is majoring in Sport Management.
  • vahevalavahevala Registered User Posts: 183 Junior Member
    D2 will graduate from BPort in August. She is in the Delta College, which was a great fit for her. Right now studying in Cape Town South Africa for her final semester. B.A. in 3 years due to Delta.
    One recommendation I would have is look into off campus housing after freshmen year. She was much happier. Too much partying and drama in the dorms. Food was not as great as they say! Off campus is cheaper than the townhouses.
    Thanks for the tips, vahevala!
This discussion has been closed.