Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Why is there no SUNY New Paltz forum? How can I start one?

Replies to: Why is there no SUNY New Paltz forum? How can I start one?

• uncivilservantuncivilservant Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    @fosterte, congrats to your S and you re Macauley! That's impressive!! I grew up in NYC so its hard for me to imagine coming here to attend school but I imagine it could be exciting. S got into the Dean's scholar program at Baruch (shocked!) but I don't hear the greatest things about liberal arts at Baruch. And with him being from NYC & having a bunch of friends who will be staying here for their bands, not for school, I think he'll focus better going away.

Happy to say, my S did get accepted at a bunch of SUNYs including Geneseo (where I WISH he wanted to go) but he's not too keen on the distance and it being in a small town. As far as SUNYs, NP and Oneonta seem to be the top contenders... we really need to visit Oneonta and re-visit NP. I think until the 3 private schools he applied to have sent their financial aid packages it is psychologically hard to move forward.

I can totally relate about the stress...

Anyhow, S's #1 choice school is supposedly sending its package next week so holding my breath. If you want to "talk" off-line, I would be happy to compare notes on specific schools... but I'm irrationally paranoid about talking about private schools on line. Pretty crazy I suppose!!
This discussion has been closed.