right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
College of Charleston, Cooper, Davidson, and Reed are rumored to release decisions tomorrow (4/1). Share your outcome!
Tulane is rumored to release decisions today (3/31). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Transferring to a suny

metrosnoozinmetrosnoozin 1 replies1 threads New Member
Ok so i flunked out of hunter college in 2018 due to depression(1.3gpa). I then went to kingborough where i excelled at and currently have a 3.9 gpa and took 55 credits enroute to my A.S in computer science . I want to transfer to stony brook after this semester but i dont know if theyll ask for my hunter transcript. Do i have a shot?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Transferring to a suny

• austinmshauriaustinmshauri 9466 replies359 threads Senior Member
    edited February 18
    They will ask for your transcript. Have you talked to the transfer advisor at your current school? They should have some idea about the transfer rate to Stony Brook.

Congrats on your excellent record at Kingborough. Do you have documentation for your depression? Maybe your counselor could include a note with your transcript.
    edited February 18
    · Reply · Share
  • metrosnoozinmetrosnoozin 1 replies1 threads New Member
    Yea the rate of acceptance for stony is 43%. My kingsborough gpa is perfect plus i switched my majors when i switched schools. 4.0 gpa in all cs courses but at hunter i was taking chemistry
    · Reply · Share