Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

New SUNY General thread

2»

Replies to: New SUNY General thread

• MomOf3StarsMomOf3Stars Registered User Posts: 822 Member
    Caligurl: The only thing I know about the music business dept at Fredonia is from the audition day/open house that I went to with my D. To me it looked like it is a very popular major there and people came from quite far to visit the school on that one day so that should tell you something. I do think that as far as internships go in that program you would be at a slight advantage being near to Buffalo as Oneonta is really not near anything.
  • ChelseaRoseChelseaRose Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    Caligurl, I may be a little biased because I'm going to fredonia next year, but it definitely has a better program than oneonta. And it's true, i've also heard that oneonta's a party school.

I'm not trying to scare you off of oneonta or anything. Just choose whichever college you think will suit you best. If you're really stuck, then maybe you can try and convince the admissions offices at each school to let you do an extra visit before the may 1 deadline. It's worth a shot.
  • MomOf3StarsMomOf3Stars Registered User Posts: 822 Member
    ChelseaRose is a brilliant young lady...and I am not just saying that bc she is my D either!! xoxo
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse Registered User Posts: 26,432 Senior Member
    This is wonderful. I think the SUNYs are so undervalued. I think the system would benefit from infusion of out of state bodies. I can't believe how ultra NY these schools are.
  • Mom ElMom El Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    Well that's a very nice and welcoming post cptofthehouse!

My son will be one of those out of state bodies at Geneseo next year.
2»
This discussion has been closed.