Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Suny Oneonta Honors Program

twilight1991twilight1991 Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
edited January 2009 in SUNY - General
Oneonta sent me an application for the honors program but im not exactly sure if i want to do it, did anyone else get this form and has decided whether or not they want to do it?

or does anyone know someone in the honors program? what do thay think of it?
Post edited by twilight1991 on

Replies to: Suny Oneonta Honors Program

• editoreditor Registered User Posts: 357 Member
    My D also received the letter today. However, she's not planning on attending so won't be sending in the essay. I think its an honor to be invited. Go for it!
  • morrismmmorrismm Registered User Posts: 3,559 Senior Member
    Go for it! It is an honor (no pun intended) and a marketable entry on your resume upon graduation. It helps you stand apart.
  • AbonelliAbonelli Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I was also asked to apply to the honors program. I will most likely apply, but I'm just not sure what to write the essay on. At least five pages on anything, there are so many possibilies.
  • editoreditor Registered User Posts: 357 Member
    Abonelli, remember, you don't have to write something from scratch if you don't want to. You can use something from school for example. Its all in the letter.
  • AbonelliAbonelli Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm aware I don't have to write anything from scratch. However, I want the paper to be fresh and written really well. So I'm almost positive I'll write something new.
  • twilight1991twilight1991 Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    thank you everyone, i think im going to go for it, why not right? :)
This discussion has been closed.