Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Suny plattsburgh

crazedcrazed Registered User Posts: 1,972 Senior Member
edited January 2009 in SUNY - General
My friends daughter is applying to Crane, which has a great reputation.

Her only negative is getting her daughter home to Long Island (or NYC) easily, if need be. I checked out the site and it seems the airport has limited service, none to this area at all.

Other than Greyhound or Amtrak (or obviously getting a ride) is there some other way we are missing, or an airport not so far away that she can fly downstate?

Thanks.
Post edited by crazed on

Replies to: Suny plattsburgh

• nybmcnybmc Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    The Crane School of Music is actually affiliated with SUNY Potsdam, not Plattsburgh!

The airport in Potsdam isn't an option, unfortunately. I believe it only operates as a private landing strip. The major airports used are Ottawa, Montreal, and Syracuse. The airport in Burlington,VT is also an option!

Greyhound may be a convenient travel method, but the trip would be pretty long. I looked up travel times, and anything between 8 - 10 hours is shown for duration (Potsdam to NYC). Not a good option for emergencies! I suggest looking into a bus/flight combo. The bus ride wouldn't be too long to a major airport, and I'm sure she'd be able to find a direct flight to the city.

Good luck!
  • crazedcrazed Registered User Posts: 1,972 Senior Member
    Thanks. You are obviously right.

Looks like getting to either the Syracuse or Montreal airports would be best.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.