Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Stony Brook College of Business

militaryscholarmilitaryscholar Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
Hi, I have a few questions regarding the business program at Stony Brook University. First of all, I was accepted to the management program as a Spring 2015 transfer. Although I am still waiting to hear back from Binghamton, UConn, and Albany, I'm still considering SB. With that being said, are there any current SB business students or alumni that can explain the quality of education and opportunities, or lack thereof, offered through this program? Overall, is it a reputable program? Are there internship opportunities? Also, being that SB is not AACSB accredited, what kind of weight do the credits hold? For instance, If I decide to transfer out or attend graduate school elsewhere, will my credits generally be transferable? In other words, how vital is a AACSB accreditation in the business field?

Replies to: Stony Brook College of Business

This discussion has been closed.