Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Hi there! You may have noticed things have changed on this site. You can learn more about that here.

Applying Early Action (Chris, please help!)

bbyybbyy Registered User Posts: 144 Junior Member
edited October 2007 in SUNY at Stony Brook
I'm a senior now and my school requires all the EA/ED applicants to submit supplementals by 10/1 (Monday), so I don't have much time to decide!

Should I do EA? I heard that it's harder to get in if you do that. And I was wondering if I do regular decision, and I get rejected, is there a chance that I can request another "chance"? What about for EA?

Thanks in advance, guys!
Post edited by bbyy on

Replies to: Applying Early Action (Chris, please help!)

• sbuadmissionssbuadmissions College Rep Posts: 1,991 Senior Member
    There's no difference between EA and regular decision, admissions-wise. The admissions requirements are the same. If you're denied admission in the regular cycle -- or the EA cycle, for that matter -- you do have the option of requesting reconsideration; perhaps your senior grades went up, or you re-took the SAT, or something along those lines. We're not going to reconsider you if your academic situation hasn't changed, however, and reconsiderations tend to wind up with a lower priority than applicants who are under first review. Ideally, make it count the first time!

Hope this helps.

-Chris
  • bbyybbyy Registered User Posts: 144 Junior Member
    Thanks, Chris! =) That helped me into making my choice regarding applying EA.
This discussion has been closed.