Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

So the housing waitlist opened up

progprog Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
edited May 2009 in SUNY at Stony Brook
Here is your current Housing Waitlist status:

Residence Hall Single : 4

Residence Hall Double : 3

West Apartment Single : 2

West Apartment Double : 2

Applied early early early this morning. I'm crossing my fingers >.<
Post edited by prog on

Replies to: So the housing waitlist opened up

• frasifrasifrasifrasi Registered User Posts: 959 Member
    I was up until 2 am, checked at 6am and still nothing. It opened while I was in class so I got 22 for west. But you will definitely get in. Your status are awesome. Expect to heat something later in august I guess. Please let me know if they offer you housing before. I want to see how fast the list is going. Thanks.
  • progprog Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    I certainly hope I get housing, the way people/administration made it sound was like NO ONE gets housing from the wait list for the fall semester.
  • PseudonymPseudonym Registered User Posts: 649 Member
    Assuming you meet the eligibility requirements for West, it looks like you'll be in good shape. Congrats :)
  • progprog Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    Speaking of requirements, I have a question about that. On the site it says

"West Apartments are for undergraduate students of U3 or U4 standing."

and on the housing wait list site it says

"Requesting a reassignment from a Residence Hall space to a space in the West Apartments: Eligibility for housing in the West Apartments is limited to current Upper-Division Residence Hall occupants who have a minimum GPA of 2.50 and are in good judicial standing. Spaces which become available in the West Apartments will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis utilizing the above eligibility criteria."

Is the 2.50 GPA requirement only for students moving from dorms to apartments, or is it for off campus students also?

Also I just noticed that it says its available to "Current Upper-Division Residence Hall occupants", does that mean I won't be able to get housing in west? I live off campus so technically i'm not a current resident on campus.
This discussion has been closed.