Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Why Susquehanna?

Tigers RuleTigers Rule Registered User Posts: 230 Junior Member
edited April 2011 in Susquehanna University
Why did you choose Susquehanna? What schools did you turn down?
Post edited by Tigers Rule on

Replies to: Why Susquehanna?

• singledad62singledad62 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Primarily the professors and students we met during our 4 visits. Great enthusiasm and energy. You could feel the passion for teaching and learning just about everywhere. Students were also the friendliest of any campus we visited. Just feels like a great atmosphere in which to learn and grow intellectually. Turned down Goucher College, Lycoming College, Washington College, Towson University and UNC-Asheville.
  • SwatmomSwatmom Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
    Daughter chose Susquehanna because of the friendliness of the students, the nurturing environment and the strong academic programs, especially the education and study abroad programs. She hopes to also play in the orchestra, and they have a great music program that allows non-music majors to take lessons and play in their ensembles. Daughter is also planning on being involved in the LSM program at Susquehanna. She is choosing SU over: Gettysburg, Muhlenberg, Ursinus, Etown, Hood, McDaniel and Dickinson.
  • bigredgradbigredgrad Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    My son chose Susquehanna over Moravian, High Point, Monmouth and Lock Haven. He liked the size, quality of the business program, the attractive campus and the friendliness of everyone - from Professors to students. We went to Accepted Students Day and were really excited about the opportunities he'll have there. The President of the University stopped us during our walk across campus and talked to us for almost an hour. My son had the same reaction to most of the schools we visited - "Nice." Susquehanna was the only place where he said "I could really see myself here." We're very excited for him and think it's a great choice.
  • Tigers RuleTigers Rule Registered User Posts: 230 Junior Member
    Thanks all.Any others?
  • yabeyabe2yabeyabe2 Registered User Posts: 2,454 Senior Member
    Bigredgrad, congratulations to your son. My son is completing his freshman year; if I can answer any questions, PM me.
This discussion has been closed.