Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

ED 2 Chances

thebullthebull Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
edited January 2011 in Swarthmore College
Stats:

* SAT:
* SAT II: 690 Math 2, 760 Physics
* ACT: 34
* GPA: 3.85 UW, 4.6W
* Senior Year Course Load: Advanced Chemical Reserach, AP Calculus BC, AP Gov., AP Macroeconomics, English, AP Bio, Marching Band, Wind Assemble, Pit Orchestra
Senior Year Grades: Last Final is Tomorrow; So far have had a 4.0UW and 4.8W
Course Load overall: Will have taken 11 AP Courses and 7 Honors Courses

Subjective

* Essays: I thought were really good. For why swarthmore wrote about their traditions
* Teacher Recs: 1 from ACR teacher, went to harvard, berkley, and MIT, told me I'm one of the best students he's ever had and top of my class. 2nd-AP English and cross country coach for 4 years won state with him and knows hard family circumstances.
* Counselor Rec: Great
* Supplementary Material: Athletic supplement
* Hook(recruited athlete, legacy, Nobel Prize): Athletic recruit coach said he's helping me in admissions

Personal

* High School Type: Public
* Ethnicity: Hispanic-Colombian

Other

* Extracurriculars: Boy Scouts-Eagle Scout, Order of the Arrow-Boy Scout Honor Society, Cross Country-4 years won state and CIF varisty 2 years, Math Tutoring, Wind Assemble/Marching Band-2nd chair clarient, Pit Orchestra-2nd Reed, Worked at Festival of Arts last summer, Laguna Beach Saferides-drive intoxicated students home it's student run, Recycling Club, National Honor Society, Track and Field-3 year varisty, and JV tennis for a year.
* Awards: Superintendant's Award 4 years, National Merit Commendation, AP scholar of Merit, Venture Scholar

Replies to: ED 2 Chances

• momof3sonsmomof3sons Registered User Posts: 5,116 Senior Member
    thebull-I'd say "Welcome to Swarthmore!" But since I don't have a pipeline to the Admissions Office, I'd say I like your chances. :)
This discussion has been closed.