Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chances at Newhouse/Maxwell in 2018/1019

NorthEastern22NorthEastern22 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
Chances at Syracuse University, NY and Penn State Main Campus, PA in 2 years.
I need mid-high financial aid let me know if I might qualify in 2 years.

Entering my Junior year this fall. I have not taken the SAT’s or ACT’S. Let me know what scores I should settle for once I take them this fall. I realize I haven’t finished Junior or Senior so I lack a lot of grades and an SAT score. Assume I am still a B+/A student. Give me any advice/info you can as of right now. Thanks!

Born in Syracuse, parent attended Syracuse University. Planning on getting an interview to beef up my application.

Majors: Journalism/Political Science

Grades/Schedule:

Freshmen Year: *Note: My school only offers 1 AP class freshmen year*
CP American History I- A
Accounting I- B
Honors Biology I-B
Honors English and Composition I-B
Honors Spanish I-B
Algebra I- A
Health/Gym- B,B (Online)
UW GPA: 3.28
W GPA: 3.54

Sophomore Year:
Honors Chemistry-B
Honors Spanish II-B
AP U.S. History-A (5 on exam)
Service Learning/Photography-A, A (half year classes) Note:*Service Learning is a program where you are basically a student teacher for half a year*
Honors English II-A
Algebra II-A
UW GPA: 3.66
W GPA: 4.26

End of Freshmen and Sophomore UW GPA: 3.47
End of Freshmen and Sophomore W GPA: 3.87

Junior Year: *Note: Entering Junior Year this fall* *Predictions at worst*
*AP Language and Composition I-B
*AP Psychology-A
*IB History of the Americas-A
*IB Spanish-B
*IB Biology-B
*Geometry-A

*Example UW GPA*: 3.6
*Example W GPA*: 4.5

*Example End of Junior UW GPA*: 3.5
*Example End of Junior W GPA*: 4.1

EC’s:
DeMolay- Youth Organization for males age 12-21. Led my local Chapter as an Elected Master Councilor. Basically I was elected by my peers (roughly 30 members) to schedule and execute a 6 month term. Included hours of community service. I was also a State Officer for PA DeMolay for 3 years as of now. I helped lead at least hundred members from chapters all of PA DeMolay looks very good on a scholarship especially if you take a leadership role like myself (from what I hear). DeMolay is involved with the Masons, Rainbow, Job's Daughters, and Eastern Star. It is a good connection with a member of those groups.

Varsity Tennis-Sophomore Year. *Expecting to be Captain next year*

Club Soccer-Freshman Year (then took on Tennis)

Clubs/Awards:
DeMolay RD Finalists- I was a finalists for the Representative DeMolay award. You fill out a 32 page application with questions about yourself. The RD Board picks a handful of finalists for interviews.

DeMolay Chevalier- An award given to someone at least 17 years old in DeMolay for distinguished service to the organization. Similar to an Eagle Scout.

NHS- (member as of now)

Link Leader- Juniors and Seniors have the opportunity to give lessons to incoming freshmen during the summer. We also give tours of the school a couple of weeks before school starts. Throughout the first half of the year we give lessons to Freshmen on Leadership, Grades etc….

AV Club- Sophomore year

Spanish Club- Junior Year/Senior Year

NSHS: Hoping to get into the Spanish NHS this year

Ping Pong Club- Sophomore year

Student Government- Junior/Senior

Camera Club- Sophomore, Junior, Senior

Chemistry Club- Sophomore, Junior, Senior

This discussion has been closed.