Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SYRACUSE ED OR RD????

seniorclass2017seniorclass2017 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
Hello,

I am conflicted about whether I should apply for regular or early decision for SU College of Arts & Sciences. It's kind of a reach school for me, as my gpa is low. I had some family issues my sophomore year and got a lot of Cs that year. My math classes are also my weakness and kill me.

UW: 2.9
W: 3.1
SAT (old): 1700
Reading: 600
Writing: 610
Math: 490

ACT: Just took September ACT yesterday, waiting on my score.

My course load is all honors classes junior/senior year besides my math classes which are just standard. I also took an AP last year and am taking one this year. My school offers only 10 AP classes and I go to a very small school with only 106 kids in my grade.

What I dont know is if I should try to raise my GPA a little more before I send in my application, or apply early decision with my current grades because they will see SU is my first choice.

Please help, thank you.

Replies to: SYRACUSE ED OR RD????

• hdess27hdess27 Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    your scores/grades are very far under Syracuse averages, especially considering your course rigor. Sorry to be harsh but I would consider applying ED somewhere else since your chances of acceptance are very unlikely, and it wouldn't be too smart to waste ED binding on somewhere where you have 80% chance of rejection, even with ED. But if your heart's really set on it, then I encourage you to go ahead.
This discussion has been closed.