Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Merit scholarship

olivia1999olivia1999 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
Hi,

I'm interested in applying to the Whitman school. My score on the new SAT is 1380 and have strong academics, I receive mostly A's some B's but do hard subjects. I read that Syracuse accepts ATAR, which is an Australia academic ranking system and my expected ATAR is around 96 which ranks me in the top 4%.

I have been very involved in school co-curriculars, including community service programs, and played water polo out of school at a competitive level. I was also accepted to a two week science program which only 400 students across Australia got to participate in. I'm an international student I don't know how this affects my chances.

How much merit do you think I would get, if any?

Replies to: Merit scholarship

• olivia1999olivia1999 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
  • MomfromPA15317MomfromPA15317 Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    Syracuse gives very little merit scholarship. There is the Coronet Scholarship but it is only open for a particular major.
  • jewishkidazjewishkidaz Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    That isn't true at all. Check Syracuse website they have a lot of generic merit scholarships for all students, many of which come with automatic enrollment in the honors program. I received a $20,000 scholarship which is the second highest after the full ride which my friend got. You have an impressive record so I would expect you to definitely get $15k to $20k. I'm not sure how it works with international students though.
This discussion has been closed.