Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Skytop Apartments

kwood1026kwood1026 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
edited June 2006 in Syracuse University
I was wondering if anyone had any info or imput on the Skytop Apts. I was considering moving into a two-bedroom Skytop Apt. Do you have to move out the apts. during the breaks (summer and spring) or can you live in them year round??
Post edited by kwood1026 on

Replies to: Skytop Apartments

• Anarchy45Anarchy45 Registered User Posts: 165 Junior Member
    You can remain in apartments through winter break, but must move out at the end of the academic year (May). Freshmen aren't allowed to live on south campus (exceptions were made this year for the overflow of students, but that was highly irregular, and it was in a dormitory, not in apartments - do dont even bother asking the university peoples about this) - except athletes. They get their asses kissed, even though most are horrible. But thats a whole different rant.

Apartments run over $3000 a semester, on south - very much a ripoff, although you will save on food costs. You need a car, too - unless you like waiting for the bus (it is MUCH too inconvenient for me to ever consider doing - even if I have no parties to go to on weekends, I am very hesistant to take the bus to south to go find one). Off-campus apartments are relatively cheap ($350-400/month/room + utilities), so I guess that's your best bet. But you have to be a junior or senior to move off campus, unless you're in a frat/soror (the university wants to squeeze you for all the money they can possibly get)
  • kwood1026kwood1026 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    do you think there is anyway possible that they would let undergrads live in graduate apartments????
  • Anarchy45Anarchy45 Registered User Posts: 165 Junior Member
    One word: no.
This discussion has been closed.