A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step

<p>What exactly does that proverb/quote by Confucius mean?<br>
Well, how do YOU interpret it?</p>

<p>I interpret that you need some help with your homework...</p>

<p>Nope, it's really not for any assignment.<br>
I just had this burning desire to understand the quote.</p>

<p>Tasks that seem daunting/impossible when viewed one way (thousand mile journey) can actually be accomplished by breaking them down into component parts (one easy step leads to another easy step and so on and so forth). Approach to dealing with life's problems? Difficult tasks? Go with it...</p>

<p>it seems pretty simple, to finish a huge journey or project starts with BEGINNING, which many procrastinators cannot bring themselves to do (because it seems so impossible and huge)</p>

<p>I think Confucius was emphasizing that all things grand come from what is small and little--things we all can do. That is, a little effort and initiative go a long way.</p>

<p>I think he was saying sometimes the hardest thing about knowing something big and long journey is in front of you is taking that first step. :p</p>

<p>My old Spanish teacher keeps those "demotivation" posters on his door, changing them every couple of weeks. One of them was a grizzly bear about to catch a salmon swimming upstream. The line was "Sometimes a journey of a thousand miles ends very, very badly."</p>