Am I too stupid to get in?

<p>My high school GPA is a 2.3
My SAT Score is 750 (I am HORRIBLE at math, I always have been)
My community college GPA: 3.1</p>

<p>I am thinking about applying to Villanova University. It is a tough school to get into. According to collegeboard, you need a 3.0 GPA to transfer. On Villanova's website, it says that a 3.0/4.0 GPA is recommended.
What are my chances of getting into this university? If it helps, my intended major(human services) isn't a competitive one.</p>

<p>Having low SAT scores and grades does not mean that you're stupid - don't be too hard on yourself.</p>

<p>750 out of 2400?</p>

<p>Does that shock you turtle?</p>

<p>Well, anything below 880 is the first percentile, so yes. You will need to apply to a school that does not require the SAT.</p>

<p>Obvious troll is obvious</p>

<p>Dang to be honest, you're going to have to get your GPA up. You're at a community college so I'm pretty sure Villanova will expect you to do a little better than a 3.0 GPA. And maybe retake the SAT and try to get a better score?</p>

<p>You're not stupid. Everyone has the potential, keep working hard in school and if you do that, it'll pay off eventually.</p>

<p>heh
you can't get 750.
you start off with an 800.
but yea you are.</p>

<p>
[quote]
you can't get 750.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>600 is possible if one misses every question (or nearly every question).</p>

<p>oh my bad there are three sections to sat but i counted four.
doesn't make the Op any smarter though so ha ha</p>

<p>lifegrl, stop being mean</p>

<p>Not everyone is cut out for college. I would look into Sanitation Engineering which does not require a college degree.</p>

<p>Why is everyone so hard on him? If he wants to work at it, then he should. Comments made tend to portray the side of CC I hate. But anyways....</p>

<p>I believe after 3 semesters of community college or so, they stop looking at high school transcripts and SAT scores, and focus solely on your community college grades. If you can keep working at it (I've read your posts, I know how determined you are) then I don't see why it would be impossible for you to get in. It will be worth a shot.</p>

<p>And NEVER. EVER. Call yourself stupid. That's just like waving the white flag asking people to walk all over you. The only person who will ever believe you have any potential will start with yourself, then it will be up to you to prove to everyone how much potential you have.</p>

<p>I have a feeling Cheshire Cat is grinning ear to ear over this.......</p>

<p>^</p>

<p>Been in Wonderland too long...? :D</p>

<p>Even if somehow this is a troll topic. I hope someone benefits over my paragraph.</p>

<p>KalooKakoo, I hope someone, if not the OP, benefits from my comments too. After all, Sanitation Engineering can be a wonderful career for the right person.</p>

<p>I would like to note: If the OP really did get a 750/2400, than he really is stupid. That is not contestable, that is a fact. Unless there was some extenuating circumstance such as having no English comprehension at the time of the test or falling asleep during a substantial part of it.</p>

<p>I really doubt his score was 750. But if it was, it's not an insult to call him stupid, it's a legitimate conclusion. I have nothing against stupid people and I don't hold smart people on a pedestal either, but that's no reason to pretend there are no differences in people's intelligence.</p>

<p>^ I wanna berate you for being so blunt, but you are right. So I will hold my tongue >.>
I'm just not good at telling people those kind of things.</p>

<p>^^ I'm actually friends with my local Sanitational Engineer. He seems pretty happy with it. Seeing as he spends most of the morning eating at the local store with other public service workers (early lunch?), I wouldn't see why he wouldn't be happy. xD</p>

<p>ONE. LAST. TRY.</p>

<p>Maybe he bubbled in the wrong section, and it went downhill from there? It's happened to me, though I always fixed it. (SAT + Warm room = Fail)</p>

<p>Yeah this is definitely a troll topic because I love randomly post threads on here calling myself stupid.</p>

<p>I have a learning disability and I process information differently than most people, which is why I did so poorly on my SAT's. I also have ADD and my parents were always strict about putting me on medication until a few months ago.
I also have OCD and it's a proven fact that people with OCD are of average intelligence or above average intelligence. I'm a psych minor and I've read self help books on OCD.</p>