Amherst Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

*were

There might be a slight decrease in applicants this year: some selective colleges with a high volume of international applicants are reporting a small decrease in early applicants this year (e.g. Yale).

2 Likes

Does anyone knows when ED is coming out, will it come out this friday and how many students applied in the ED round?

Friday 12/10 at 6:21pm est - my son just got email good luck

3 Likes

Did they really say 6:21? So specific!

They do. It has something to do with their bicentennial.

1 Like

I gat the email too. Did anyone got an email on November 23 on which name they would like to use? I also don’t know why Amherst didn’t release the total number of ED applicants. Does anyone have an idea?

I believe everyone got 11/23 email about name selection. That has been done in the past as well. Not sure on number of ED applicants.

Nice to have a date and time. Hope you all get great news!

3 Likes

Amherst was founded in 1821–thus 18:21 EST. Good luck all!

4 Likes

Good luck everyone! I hope you all get the decisions you want! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I’m interested to hear everyone’s results. Share if you would like to as we are a few minutes away!

I got rejected, international student from West Africa

Son got in. Athlete

3 Likes

My daughter was deferred (basically a rejection?). No hooks.

My daughter was accepted. Wishing the best for those who got news they didn’t want to hear.

4 Likes

Did the notification letters provide any details about the number of applications or acceptances?

Don’t worry. You will get admission in another good school.

That’s not what I asked. But I agree that everyone who applied will end up at a good school.

No stats at all. Just a reminder that Amherst is a small college and their decision reflects the unavoidable and significant constraints imposed by the limited number of spaces.

2 Likes