Are my chances into admission at U. Penn. ED great?

<p>UPenn. School of Nursing Nutritional Sciences major (I only saw a minor though, I am interested in the joint program with Wharton though):</p>

<p><a href="http://www.nursing.upenn.edu/admissions/undergrad/options/joint-dual.asp%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.nursing.upenn.edu/admissions/undergrad/options/joint-dual.asp&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>GPA: 3.7 Weighted
SAT scores:</p>

<p>Jan 06 - Round 1: 1440/1600 (top 3% of NY)
June06 - SATs were higher but freakin school isn't getting them thru the CB, so hold off on that for the moment</p>

<p>SAT IIs:</p>

<p>Physics - 690
US history - 690
Math 1 - Nov.2 - projected range is 750 - 800
Math II - Nov.2 - projected range is 700 - 750</p>

<p>top 25% or possibly top 10%, my school still hasn't put out the stats.</p>

<p>my grades have been Bs and As, but I have done really well on my standardized tests through out the years. Maybe a C here and there, but nothing that I cannot legitimately explain.</p>

<p>course load has been hard, all honors and AP except for regents english junior year.</p>

<p>Senior Year schedule:</p>

<p>AP Biology
AP Calculus AB
AP Statistics
College English
Advanced Pro Tools recording tech</p>

<p>150 hours + volunteering in the hospital/ ER shift</p>

<p>Written articles about whey protein isolate use for teenage bodybuilders @ bodybuilding.com's newsletter</p>

<p>Treasurer of the movie club, which I also helped found</p>

<p>Invited & Attended summer programs at Johns Hopkins 2x 10th, 11th grades</p>

<p>Summer of senior year, spend time working in a hospital in the Bombay, India slums helping out, and watching neurosurgeries in my spare time.</p>

<p>Co-Captain of Math Team</p>

<p>1.5 years job experience tutoring children</p>

<p>Have a band with whom I have done a lot of recording work with, our first CD sold/downloaded 4,000 copies.</p>

<p>Built my own in home recording studio, which really was crazy. Awesome learning experience.</p>

<p>I might have forgotten some stuff. I have a great essay coming along, atleast I think so. My weakness are my grades, I really feel now I should of eased up on my extracurriculars to focus on them, because they are lower than they should be or would be had I payed more attention to them. But I did to a ton of stuff in my high school career and hopefully U Penn. will see that</p>

<p>I'm also trying to get in contact with the professor of nutritional sciences at UPenn.</p>

<p>Well there you go, lemme know what's up. Thank You!</p>

<p>If you would live to go to Penn, apply ED to Nursing. The Wharton/Nursing program is very selective and your chances are not great given what you have provided. I don't know if you can apply to the joint program and have Nursing as your back-up school (if so, you could try it). Regardless, if you are admitted to Penn and you get a good GPA in Nursing and take certain prerequisites (Econ/Calc) you can apply for a joint degree at the end of your freshmen year. It really isn't that difficult to do. Also, if Nursing doesn't offer the major you want, you can create your own major (but again, you need to have a decent GPA).</p>

<p>thanks for the reply man, then in this case what are my chances for ED School of Nursing?</p>

<p>Also how select is the Wharton School for accepting transfers from other schools?</p>

<p>and is it true that U Penn. ED makes no difference, I've heard this SEVERAL times, that ED is just regular decision with a smaller pool.</p>

<p>UPenn ED makes a relatively big difference, and Penn admissions makes no attempt to keep that a secret. </p>

<p>In any case, people who apply to Nursing to try and backdoor their way into CAS or Wharton are complete tools. Really, grow a set if that's what you're planning.</p>