Best fit? Who wants to help?

<p>What would be a good fit for me? I am pretty outdoors/athletic type of guy. Want to be a Dr someday so I'll prob major in Bio. I am all for working hard and I take my school work seriously but I still know how to get out and have a good time. Also here are my ec's and grades/test scores.</p>

<p>Gpa: uw 3.75/ w 3.8
Act: 24
Ap's: Government, Biology, & Psychology
Rank 80 out of 550 (somewhere around top 15%)</p>

<p>Ec
Basketball - fresh to soph
Baseball - fresh
<em>stopped b/c of injuries</em></p>

<p>National honor society
Link crew commissioner (mentor to freshmen)
Jr mentor for Denver Kids Inc.
Jr ski patrol at winter park
Shadow a Dr
Work at Lifetime fitness</p>

<p>I would really appreciate feedback!</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Also you don't have to have a long description if you don't want to. What comes off the top of your head.</p>

<p>If you wanted to still ski (and get out of Colorado): </p>

<p>Suggesting various types of schools & selectivity levels, just throwing out some off the top of my head. </p>

<p>University of Vermont
Middlebury College (Vermont)
Bates, Colby, Bowdoin (Maine)
St. Lawrence University (New York)
Hobart & William Smith (New York)
Hamilton College (New York)
Colgate University (New York)
Syracuse University (New York)</p>

<p>What can your family afford?</p>

<p>Erin's Dad is right, most privates can run $40,000-$60,000/year & some publics for OOS can fall into that price range as well.</p>

<p>Good point I forgot to mention that. My parents will pay for the majority of it but won't as much if I go to a really expensive school. So anything is an option but preferably a school that gives out good money.</p>

<p>Have you checked out your in-state options in Colorado?</p>

<p>Yes I have I am definitely considering those schools. They are great schools I am just trying to figure out what is best for me</p>

<p>Do you want to participate in intramurals or varsity sports? Your description about yourself doesn't really give me a lot to go off of...you'd have to tell me more about what kind of person you are, what kind of community you were looking for (big sports, birkenstock-wearing vegetarians, prep, etc.), the size of school you were interested in and if you were open to being in a rural, suburban or urban environment. Finding the right school is very much about matching up your identity with its identity.</p>

<p>Collegeboard.com has a great "Find Your College" tool where you can select from a lot of different characteristics and come up with a list of schools that match your interests and align with your stats.</p>

<p>Ok cool I will definitely check that out. But I am looking for a medium sized student body that takes there academics seriously but knows how to get out. As in a balance if that makes sense. I want to play some intramurals or anything to get involved with the school. Every school is going to have it's stereotypes but I would like to surround myself with people that love their school. Also the setting doesn't have to be in the city. Sure it would be cool to experience that but if there is a ton to do on campus I would be content with a small town.</p>