can i get in to yale or MIT

<p>My school only offers 4 AP for senior year
• SAT I (breakdown): 2300
• ACT: 33
• SAT II: Bio 780, Math II 750, Chemistry 740, Physics. US. WH all got 800’s
• Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.9 ( 95/100)
• Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 10/103 (freshman year messed me up)
• AP (place score in parenthesis): Self Studied: 5s on all
Micro and Macro, Human Geography, Chemistry, Physics B, WH
• Senior Year Course Load: APUSH 5, AP Bio 5, APELC 5, APCalc AB
• Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): A+ and C++ certification got 850 on both out of 900, quest bridge finalist, national merit, AP scholar with distinction
Subjective:
• Extracurricular (place leadership in parenthesis):-
-Joined varsity soccer for two year(11th-12th)
-joined track for two years(11th – 12th )
-joined varsity baseball for two years(11th-12th)
-made my schools website, looks proffresional.
• Job/Work Experience:
-worked as a delivery guy = two school years
-A+ certified computer repairer = two summers
• Volunteer/Community service: 1,000+ hours at carter burden center, I loved this place, I delivered meals to home bound seniors on a program called meals on wheels, waitress at a program called luncheon as well as set up tables and clean them, I also cleaned kitchen a lot plus helped set up food, helped unpack boxes or put boxes in storage room.
• Summer Activities: took summer classes to skip courses, had to take regents. Worked at a computer fixing store where I fixed computers. Sold websites and made a total of 3000 dollars and community service, studied
MITES
Took Physics and Trig and passed both regents with 95
Other
• Applied for Financial Aid?: Quest bridge finalist
• Intended Major: Computer Engineering
• State (if domestic applicants):NY
• School Type: Public
• Ethnicity: Hispanic
• Income Bracket: 50,000
• Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): first generation and low income plus i guess because am hispanic. School does not send kids to top colleges, highest will be stonybrook and syracuse</p>

<p>i also do not know if i should add that i paid for my own classes, because of the fact that my mom is unemployed i lost my chance to get into a program that cost 3000 dollars, so i worked. Also payed for all my test from junior year, SAT II,APs ans ACT, total of 9 test.</p>

<p>Pretty good chance at MIT and Yale, (slightly lower at Yale). Good luck!</p>

<p>thanks^ anyone else?</p>

<p>Definitely have a good chance. :)</p>

<p>what do you guys think about my ap self studying? you know in terms of how they would look like to do the admissions office</p>

<p>Everything seems pretty good but you don't have much going in terms of ECs...</p>

<p>I disagree dfree. He's got excellent ECs - he's been working to help support himself while his mom was unemployed and he's managed to accomplish a great deal. He's volunteered for 1,000 hours at a place he loves (and that probably loves him back! Get a letter of rec from these folks!) He's participated in school sports. Admissions committees don't expect low income students to be spending their free time in school clubs and research internships when they need to work.</p>

<p>And take a look at Stanford, by the way. You sound like a potentially great fit. The same high caliber academics as MIT with a strong entrepreneurial flavor, great weather and a substantial Hispanic population.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I disagree dfree. He's got excellent ECs - he's been working to help support himself while his mom was unemployed and he's managed to accomplish a great deal. He's volunteered for 1,000 hours at a place he loves (and that probably loves him back! Get a letter of rec from these folks!) He's participated in school sports. Admissions committees don't expect low income students to be spending their free time in school clubs and research internships when they need to work.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>They will probably disregard the sports, considering OP joined them junior year. If OP could handle year round varsity sports then he definitely had enough time on his hands to do something better than **joining<a href="key%20word%20right%20there">/b</a> 3 sports teams and showing no real passion. However, the jobs are understandable and the tech work will look good.</p>

<p>Did you apply in early QB round? What was the result?</p>

<p>no i was just the tight end, nothing big</p>

<p>and to dfree 124, yeah your right i could have participated in another extracurricular in a school other then where you had to go to practice everyday or else you were out, so the reason i did sports was for two reasons. </p>

<p>1) schools look at sports a little more than clubs and such to be more impressive
2)clubs in my school where a a joke, music club, game club... nothing fancy like NHS</p>

<p>but thanks for commenting</p>

<p>
[quote]
what do you guys think about my ap self studying? you know in terms of how they would look like to do the admissions office

[/quote]
</p>

<p>won't help too much at all because there will be PLENTY of other applicants to MIT and Yale who also have self studied AP exams. But selfstudying Physics B and chemistry and scoring a 5 on both in the same year is impressive, in my opinion at least.</p>

<p>to cortana, but i mean relating to my school offering APs, do you think colleges would see that i went even further into what was offered impressive or no? i thought that was the case?</p>

<p>If you did MITES, you have a 99% shot at MIT...</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T959V using CC</p>

<p>should i put in all my sat II's or no?</p>

<p>the reason i took all of these was to show that i have the academic ability to do well in their school since my school only offers 4 aps</p>

<p>I think Yale does not participated in score choice, ie you have to send all your scores.
<a href="http://admissions.yale.edu/standardized-testing%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://admissions.yale.edu/standardized-testing&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>The main problem I see is that your school does not tend to send top kids to top schools. Unfortunately, that could bode badly for you. Even with great stats, I'm sure other kids have had great stats from your schools, as well. It is an odd thing, but sometimes it just happens to be that certain schools never get kids into top schools. </p>

<p>I hope you can be the exception. Good luck!</p>

<p>"should i put in all my sat II's or no? "</p>

<p>Are you a senior and have you applied or is all this something you are expecting? What do you mean by the above statement?</p>

<p>i am a junior, all the testing has happened but not the sports part, but i will be joining. what i meant was that if its bad that i took so many test or no, because i have seen threads of kid who have gotten in to yale and MIT and all of them seem to have taken 2 or 3 subject test, but they have taken a lot of aps.</p>