Carnegie Mello, URochester, GWU? Know anything about them?

<p>I want to narrow down my list to either two or one out of those three.
Please tell me the pros and cons for any of the schools, it will be a great help.
Also, which is most selective out of the three? Thanks!</p>

<p>Well in my Opinion Mellon is the best on your list, I consider there enginnering better that MIT, but thats just me. Carnegie mellon is a very good school and also very hard to get into. Carnegie Mellon taks its students into the future and not really into the past. Such as them participatiing is DARPA <a href="http://www.darpa.mil/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.darpa.mil/&lt;/a> Grand challenge. If you want the best education you can with top of the line resources and oppertunities Mellon is the place.</p>

<p>I would go URochester for the best all around value, then Carnagie Mellon for engineering, then GWU.</p>

<p>Rochester is awesome for the humanities student as well as the science student. Both CMU and Rochester also have awesome undergrad business schools too. GWU has a decent one.</p>

<p>Hope this helps a bit.</p>

<p>I would go to GWU over the other two. It just depends on what you want to study. CMU is definetely better in sciences than GWU or UR, but GWU is better for international affairs/journalism/law/Econ/poli sci. CMU is more selective than GWU, and GWU is more selective than UR. GWU admitted like 39% in 2003 and the average SAT is a 1315. If you told us what you are interested in studying that would be easier.</p>

<p>CMU is absolutely more selective--but that doesn't mean it's the best for you. GWU and UR allow you to change majors across disciplines much more easily (for example, if you thought you wanted to major in history and changed your mind and wanted to major in bio).</p>

<p>The campus environments are very different--all nice.
GWU is an urban camus-more like NYU
CMU has a defined campus in a nice Pittsburgh neighborhood-walking distance to Pitt
UR is more remote than the others--Rochester is an interesting upstate city-but it's not DC!</p>

<p>You apply to a college at CMU - which are you interested in?</p>

<p>I'm a rochester resident, and the UR is in a real great location, and it's Eastman campus is right in the center of a great part of the city. UR has great physics program, a huge laser lab, great medical sciences (has ties with the Strong Hospital) as well as great for humanities as bleinko said. I'm apply there as a physics major, myself.</p>

<p>I'm also applying to CMU. They, as far as physics go, are fairly comparable, if anything i might give UR the edge. For most other sciences, business and engineering though, they definitely are better.</p>