Chance for HYPSC, JHU, Georgetown, Duke, U Chicago, Notre Dame

<p>2280 SAT superscored CR 750, MA 760, WR 770 (2210 single sitting with 680 reading)</p>

<p>3.98 GPA UW (1 B+ freshmen year)</p>

<p>Moderately Competitive Jesuit High School that sends maybe 10/250 to top universities+ivies</p>

<p>Valedictorian (school picks irregularly so top in terms of GPA)</p>

<p>Eagle Scout, intense backpacker (essay topic)</p>

<p>I am currently a Junior Assistant Scoutmaster in my troop and help the adult leaders administer the troop</p>

<p>Training to be an EMT, currently volunteer at local Ambulance corp</p>

<p>Attended NY Boys State (2 boys from each school go to create mock government) and was a semi-finalist for Boys Nation (2 boys selected from a pool of 10 which are selected from the 1000+ attendees)</p>

<p>Administer local chapter of VIP Buddy program (3 years) teach mentally handicapped children to play soccer</p>

<p>Varsity Track (School is very competitive, 4 years) I could get looked at by ivies and would do well at JHU and WashU</p>

<p>Founding member of school business club</p>

<p>Officer of social justice/environment club</p>

<p>5s on AP Bio, World, US History and English Lang and Comp</p>

<p>Sat IIs Bio, World, US History 770, Math I 750</p>

<p>Glowing teacher recommendations</p>

<p>Advocated for Ecuadorian charity and went this past summer to work with impoverished children and help families build houses, collectively raised $100,000</p>

<p>Member of Academic challenge team (first junior) and won Bronx championship</p>

<p>I have dual Irish/American citizenship and my dad did not graduate high school (my mom has her masters but I'm not sure how this works, dad is breadwinner)</p>

<p>income bracket <60,000 (but my dad has real estate)</p>

<p>Caucasian</p>

<p>Working on starting a free tutoring service that draws volunteers from my school and a guiding service for the tri-state area to make the state parks more accessible to inexperienced hikers</p>

<p>My father is a contractor and I spend my free time during the summer working under him, basically manual labor construction jobs. (painting, demolishing and rebuilding) probably going to write my short essay on this or track</p>

<p>Applications going out to... (in order of favor)
Harvard
Stanford
Yale
Princeton
Brown
Duke
Columbia
UPenn
Johns Hopkins
Georgetown
Cornell
Wash U St Louis
U Chicago
Notre Dame
Boston College
Binghampton</p>

<p>I know that's a lot and I appreciate all input.</p>

<p>What is your question? If you're seriously doubting whether you have a chance at any of these schools given the impressiveness of your accomplishments, you are an idiot who spends way too much time on this website reading other people's stats and making yourself insecure. You'll get into almost all of them, but why apply to all of them? Do you realize how many essays and application fees that is (over $1000 from what I can see). Choose the ones you like the most and enjoy your senior year as much as you can.</p>

<p>Thanks... I guess. I am going to go outside for a while now and cleanse myself of the internet.</p>

<p>I wasn't trying to be rude, although I'm fairly certain I probably came across that way given the atonality of the Internet. You're a fantastic applicant and with good essays you'll be hard to turn down. </p>

<p>Now. Go outside. Or don't go outside. Just log out of the computer. Please.</p>

<p>Did you attend Boys Nation? If so, that would be fantastic for your application. Working for your dad should help also, so with regards to that, you have pretty good EC's. Havard, Princeton, Yale, Upenn, and Columbia are still reaches, but they are reachable. The others are either matches or safeties.</p>

<p>No I was not selected to attend out of the ten semi-finalists from New York. However, Boys Nation seems to have an exaggerated effect on college admissions. One of the speakers at Boys State (New York) was the separately elected Governor and attended Boys Nation. He even said during Q&A that he applied to prestigious universities and the Ivy League but was rejected for what he thought was his economic status. Now I am not saying that Boys Nation is not a prestigious undertaking but the fact that he was black, started his own non-profit and is running track at the University of Syracuse should have made getting into an ivy a little easier.</p>

<p>You have what it takes to get into a top ivy.</p>

<p>haha well said jayfromla.</p>

<p>Although, people have been very blunt in the content of their responses, I can comfortably say you're a competitive applicant to all these schools. However, don't forget applying to safeties and match schools. </p>

<p>To be honest, I think your list is much too large. I find the absolute maximum amount of applications I can endure is around 8 without spreading myself too thin. With your list, you risk spreading yourself thin and sounding impersonal in your essays. Try and create a list with standard reaches, matches, and safeties. </p>

<p>Chance me? Thanks!</p>

<p>Why not try taking the Math 2 SATII?</p>