Chance for UPenn/UCBerkley/Others?

<p>I am currently a Junior in the Cambridge Academy at my school, and the universities that I would really like to attend after I graduate next year are: UPenn, UC Berkley, UChicago, Harvard, and Stanford.</p>

<p>I go to a vocational school, so after my freshman year I take two academy classes every year (in my case, Engineering classes). I am a white Hispanic male.</p>

<p>I don't know how much this helps, but in the previous three years, the following numbers of students have been accepted into high end universities: 1 into MIT, 1 into Brown, 1 into UPenn, 2 into Columbia, 1 into Cornell, 1 into Dartmouth, 1 into UC Berkely, 1 into Harvard.</p>

<p>I take AICE classes, which are somewhat like IB and AP, with either AS level (one year course) or A level (two year course, usually crammed into one year). The grading system for the test at the end of the year (the same way AP has a test) is A-E, and U for not passing.</p>

<p>Current GPA (Unweighted): 3.7
Current Weighted GPA: 4.9</p>

<p>Freshman Schedule (Grade):
AP Biology (B, 5 on AP Test)
AP World History (A, 5 on AP Test)
Honors Algebra II (B)
Honors English (A)
Computing/Software Technology (A)
Health/Fitness (A)</p>

<p>Sophomore Schedule:
AICE Psychology, A Level (A, C on AICE Test)
AICE English Language, AS Level (B, B on AICE Test)
Honors Precalculus (A)
Honors Chemistry (A)
Engineering Technologies I (A)
Engineering Design I (A)</p>

<p>Junior Schedule (calculated grade):
AICE English Literature, AS Level (A)
AICE Pure Mathematics, AS Level (B)
AICE U.S. History, A Level (A)
AP Physics B (A)
Engineering Technologies II (A)
Engineering Design II (A)</p>

<p>I feel extremely confident I will do very well on every test this year.</p>

<p>Senior Schedule:
AP English Literature
AP U.S. Government
AP Macroeconomics
AP Physics C or AP Chemestry
AP Calculus BC
Engineering Technologies III
Engineering Design III</p>

<p>Extracurriculars and Awards/Acheivements:
Member of Key Club
President of Team Jag Robotics
Member of National Honor Society
Member of Technology Student Association</p>

<p>Mayhem in Miami III Battlebot Competition (1st Place)
Youth Fair Battlebot Competition (3nd Place)
2010 BotsIQ National Battlebot Championship (1st Place)
Youth Fair Wood and Plastic Fabrication (1st Place)
Youth Fair Engineering CAD Drawing (1st Place)
Solidworks Certified Associate
Mastercam Industrial Certification</p>

<p>I will attend either the Stanford EPGY Summer Institutes or Carnegie Mellon SAMS program this summer.</p>

<p>PSAT Score: 205
ACT Score: 32
First SAT Score: 730 Writing, 710 Reading, 650 Math (2090 Total)
I know my SATs are low, but I am confident I can reach 700 in math and improve the others on the next take.</p>

<p>I still have not taken my SAT IIs, but I will take Math I, Math II, and Physics before the year ends.</p>

<p>So what are my chances?</p>

<p>Pretty good chances, but you'll need matches and safeties as those are some difficult schools you are looking at.</p>

<p>Harvard+Stanford high reaches, UPenn Reach, UC Berkeley low reach, UChicago high match, </p>

<p>What is a white hispanic male? Eg what are you going to put on college apps, white or hispanic?</p>

<p>Your math score is surprising, a math student of your caliber seems capable of an 800.</p>

<p>Hispanic is not a race. There are white Hispanic people and non-white Hispanic people. This year's version of the CommonApp, I believe, includes options like "white non-Hispanic" and gives an ethnic breakdown of the Hispanic category.</p>

<p>I'm not completely sure about the details as I only looked at the new app once, but I'm sure it lists the OP's ethnic/cultural profile as an option.</p>

<p>Thanks for the input!</p>

<p>I know my math score is low, but it was my first SAT and I didn't study at all for it due to the other tests I had and the BotsIQ nationals, which required a lot of preparation.</p>

<p>And yeah, "white" is my race and "Hispanic" is my ethnicity.</p>

<p>I know I can greatly improve my SAT when I take it before I apply for early decision next year, but would my ECs and GPA be sufficient for top schools? I have a great interest in engineering, so most of my ECs have been in that field.</p>

<p>that's why this race stuff is a pile of poo.</p>

<p>UPenn - Reach
UC Berkley - Low reach/Match
UChicago - Low reach/Match
Harvard - High Reach
Stanford - High Reach</p>

<p>You'll be just fine. Keep up the good work.</p>

<p>I hope to get my SATs up to 2200, which I think is entirely possible.</p>

<p>Any more input? And also, thank you to those who have replied.</p>