chance me? (Brown, Penn, UChicago, Pitzer...)

<p>I know I'm coming close to deadlines for most top-tier schools, but I'm having one of those moments where I might want to apply to a few more just because.</p>

<p>SAT: 1340/1950
ACT: 32 composite
GPA: 97.6 (weighted - school doesn't calculate unweighted)
AP: Eng Lang (5), Stat (4), Spanish Lang (4), Environmental (4)
Current courses: AP Studio Art, other visual arts classes, Spanish Advanced Studies (school doesn't offer AP Lit, sadly), English Comp, Macroeconomics and Psychology at a community college (dual enrollment)</p>

<p>ECs: I have a blog (it sounds silly, but I devote a huge amount of time to it and have had interesting experiences involving it), ceramics club, Spanish club, have participated in a play festival, etc.
Summer/etc. classes: Full scholarship to summer program at UArts, variety of Saturday courses at UArts and Moore College
Work: Halloween costume store, specialty toy store
Volunteer: none... oops.</p>

<p>My essays touch upon overcoming/dealing with depression and anxiety, and other experiences. They're somewhat unique.</p>

<p>My teacher recs will probably be good, counselor rec will probably be average (might mention my mental illnesses and home issues), and I have no hooks. </p>

<p>I'm a white female from the Philly area with an interesting visual arts portfolio. I attend a underfunded public school that sends a few students to top schools - by their own motivation.</p>

<p>Chance me at Brown, Penn, UChicago and Pitzer?</p>

<p>anyone wanna help?</p>

<p>no one? please?</p>

<p>I'll try, though I'm not very experienced in this chancing stuff...</p>

<p>1950 on the SAT I is pretty weak, but I'm guessing you're going with the ACT as your main standardized testing. 32 is good enough. I'm not familiar with your type of GPA weighting (my school goes by 5.0 scale), so I can't really say anything about that. Rank: it's very good that you're in the top 10%, though top 5% would be better, but your AP scores are pretty good and it seems you have a passion for art, which is supplemented by your portfolio, of course.</p>

<p>EC's: could've done more, but blog is indeed interesting and I think the colleges you're aiming for will appreciate it. I'm not sure if you have any executive positions in any of these, but if you devote a lot of hours to each club then it will be looked upon very favorably.</p>

<p>It's great that you got a full scholarship to UArts summer program... perhaps you should've done some more volunteering.</p>

<p>Your essays should be very strong, and if you write well about overcoming or dealing with depression/anxiety, chances are that you'll give adcoms the impression that you can overcome obstacles. Definitely a good thing (though I'm sorry you had to go through that)</p>

<p>Honestly...I'm not sure how you'd do in terms of admission at these colleges. But you are definitely not someone they would immediately put in the reject pile.</p>

<p>Good luck! :) Sorry if this didn't help much...I never chance, you might want to keep bumping the post and have others take a look.</p>

<p>I'd say the first three of those are low reach/reach, Pitzer is high match. Have adults help you with your essays for sure. A fantastic UChicago essay will make them overlook other points that are below average.</p>

<p>thank you both!</p>

<p>scores are a bit low</p>