Chance me for a great many schools

<p>I am an international student. I know the pool for internationals are different, I wanna make sure that I have not too severely overestimated or underestimated myself... Now I choose 21 schools but I may later delete some...</p>

<p>Standardized
SAT 1: taken only once CR 730 M 800 W 740
SAT II: Math level 2 800 Chemistry 790 physics 800
TOEFL: 114
AP: anticipated score : microeconomics 5 macroeconomics 5 calculus bc 5 stat 5 human geo 5
GPA: my school doesn't offer GPA but it should be most 5's</p>

<p>ECs and awards
1.AMC 145.5 school winner and honor of distinction
2.Harvard MIT math tournament: guts 7th team 9th overall 9th
3.National English public speaking competition: 2nd runner up in china
4.many awards in model united nations
5.major organizer of mun club take part in hmun and ymun
6.intel scientific innovations: 2nd award in shanghai
7.hosts many activites in school
8.intermediate and advanced oral intepretation certificate between Chinese and English
9. Harvard summit for young leaders conference</p>

<p>NExt are my school picks, I will not apply for finaid for schools with an asterisk since finaid is a huge deteminat in international admission</p>

<p>High reach: harvard, Yale, MIT
Reach: Amherst (ED) Williams dartmouth
Low reach: swarthmore* brown*</p>

<p>High match: uchicago<em>(EA), duke</em>, Carleton
match: gtown, middlebury<em>,vassar
Low match: UVA</em>, Wesleyan, JHU*</p>

<p>safety: umichigan<em>, Lafayette</em>,macalester, colgate</p>

<p>ethnicity and rank please.</p>

<p>Ethnicity: foreinger Chinese
in the top decile</p>

<p>Low match: UVA<em>, Wesleyan, JHU</em></p>

<p>I vehemently disagree.
JHU and UVA are tough. Not just for you, but for everyone?!</p>

<p>I have to LOL whenever peep low-ball Wesleyan. A white or an Asian female with no hooks has far more difficult odds getting into Wesleyan than into Midd or Vassar.</p>

<p>^ Agreed. One should be very cautious when categorizing any school that rejects more than 80% of their applicants a "low reach." for anybody.</p>

<p>All right
maybe I have overestimated myself
could u recommend some schools for me? Or what kinda adjustment you think should be made?</p>

<p>Solid grade and rank. can tell as school in china, esp shanghai is as tough as hell.
Good ECs for internationals. No aid is good good, schools will look for diversity from internationals. depends on ur essays and recs essay which should not be a problem.</p>

<p>Thanks.
I am not that familiar with schools and specifically how tough they are to get in.
Could anybody recommmend some schools that will fit in my reach, match and safety? Thanks</p>

<p>I would hesitate to call almost any of those schools matches. Certainly none of them are safeties. Your list is really top-heavy, and you should try to cut it down to 12, max, by the fall. They are also kind of all over the place as far as school type, from tiny to huge, rural to urban, "preppy" to "granola", etc. I can't really suggest more true match-safety schools since I don't know what you're looking for in a college. </p>

<p>I don't want to scare you or anything, but check out tompkins' chances thread: <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/844008-chance-nervous-applicant-will-chance-back.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/844008-chance-nervous-applicant-will-chance-back.html&lt;/a> As an international seeking aid, he applied to many of the same schools as you're considering, but I think he only got into one of them: Lafayette. </p>

<p>I think you should try to narrow down what you want and then use the summer to write the best essays you can, tailoring the supplemental essays to each school. What major(s) are you thinking about? </p>

<p>Also, Carleton is not need-blind to internationals and it's significantly more difficult to get in as an international seeking aid. That's not to say you aren't qualified--you are--but I would add it to your "*" schools if you do decide to apply there.</p>

<p>Hope this helps, and good luck!</p>

<p>Very different story if you are full pay or seeking aid. Can you pay in full?</p>