Chance me for Christmas :D !

<p>Hello! I just received my SAT scores, I kind of panicked at first on what I got, but whatever I cannot do much about it anymore. I live in Southern California, applying to mostly UC schools. </p>

<p>SAT: 1730
SAT II: Spanish - 750, Chemistry - 680, Math 2 - 620
UC GPA: 3.9
Race: Mexican - I was born in Mexico..
Sex: Male
Ranked: 71 out of 551
I have been in mostly AP classes counting this senior year I will have taken 10 APs
I have 5 APs this year.
I have been in the Marching Band all four years, Soccer Team for 2 years
I work as a Student Brand Ambassador, I am president for a spanish honor society club in which I have raised a lot of money for a school in El Salvador, I am treasurer for key club, and I have a lot of Community Service hours. I won a scholarship to study abroad in Sweden, which was awesome.
My essays were pretty strong.
Im not sure what else you need to know.</p>

<p>But please chance me to UC Berkeley, UC Santa Barbara, UC Irvine, UC Santa Cruz, UC San Diego, UC Davis, University of Oregon, Loyola Marymount University, CSU San Luis Opispo, and CSU Pomona</p>

<p>UC Berkeley, ya i know with my SAT its a major reach :/ </p>

<p>Thank you and Happy Holidays!</p>

<p>Bumppppppppo</p>

<p>What major are you applying to?</p>

<p>Computer science, college of engineering... My APs are all science and math related</p>

<p>Chemistry and math are a little bit low. SAT is also pretty low... though your ethnicity might give you an advantage ( I hope I didn't offend you by saying that).
UCSB, UCI, UCR, UCM and University of Oregon are low-reaches for you.
UCD and Cal Poly Pomona are mid-reaches
UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo are pretty high reaches... a bit of a crap shoot but you have a shot non-the-less.
I have no idea about Loyola Marymount, so I can't chance you for that.</p>

<p>Good luck! Hope you get into your dream school :)</p>

<p>No man, you didnt offend me. Its true about the ethnicity stuff.
Ya my dream school is berkeley and then santa barbara! So as long as i get into one of those I'll be happy!</p>

<p>Bumppppppppopppppppp</p>

<p>Its all about SAT these days? Okay</p>

<p>Fershure billybob</p>

<p>These guys are wrong, you have a shot, all I know about the UC system is that it is big on stats, but they definitely take into account ethnicity which will help you.</p>

<p>Good luck man.</p>

<p>Ya i know these guys are stupid. They got nothing better to do. But thnx I know I can at least get into Oregon,UCSC, and LMU. So no way ima go to CC.
Hopefully ill get into UCSB though</p>

<p>Yeah getting a 1730 is still a lot of work. It means you are above average. So, why not give a shot to all the schools you wanna apply. Probably you are the person colleges are searching for. who knows??? When it comes to applying, money and time are totally worth it. So, good luck :)</p>

<p>Chances for UCSB?</p>

<p>Thanks guys!! Bumppp</p>

<p>It's incorrect that the UCs consider ethnicity. They can't. They can and do consider things like low income and first generation, but not ethnicity.</p>

<p>The mid tier UCs-UCI, UCSB, UCD-all have similar averages, 4.0 UC GPA and SATs just under 1900. So these will be reaches. Cal Poly SLO has about the same stats. I really don't know CP Pomona, but it's hard to believe it could be more of a reach than the mid UCs. USCS looks like your best shot.</p>

<p>Private colleges can consider ethnicity so you may want to consider more. I'd consider some schools in the South and MW that don't see many Mexican applicants</p>

<p>You may not be accepted. Your scores aren't good</p>

<p>Well even though they say they dont take ethnicity into consideration, im pretty sure they still do.</p>