Chance me for UVa, Michigan, and all ivys

<p>G.P.A: 3.4 (with explanation that without my freshman year, I would have a 3.7)</p>

<p>ACT: 28 (don't remember breakdown)</p>

<p>SAT: 700 critical reading, 560 Math, 610 writing</p>

<p>Extra Curricular: mock trial, internship in an infectious disease lab, founded a club at my school. </p>

<p>Other: I typically write good essays and I'm positive my teacher and councillor recs will be really good.</p>

<p>Please be honest but also nice, an provide good insight.</p>

<p>Also I am a male.</p>

<p>And if you could throw BU in there that would be great!</p>

<p>depends on your courseload and weighted GPA, but your chances would be much better with ACTs in the 30s and at least a 600 on math SAT, ivies are probably a stretch but UVA is probably realistic, please reply to mine too! :)</p>

<p>Your ACT is going to murder you at most of the Ivies... even mid to low 30s isn't too solid for HYP, and it's only average for Brown, Columbia, etc.</p>

<p>The internship is the only good thing about your application for most of those schools. If I were you I would focus a lot of time in your app about that internship and your experience. Also, if you bring up your writing, you could apply for like an english major where your math sat wouldn't be that important. I would like to know what state you live in and how many AP classes you take.
I would say BU is a match for you. Michigan and UVA are matches in-state but reaches out of state. Cornell and Dartmouth are reaches. Columbia, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Brown, and Penn are practically impossible.</p>

<p>To be honest, I think all those schools are reaches for you. Your GPA, SAT, and ACT are very low, and your extracurriculars are nothing very special. I'm not trying to be mean, just realistic.</p>

<p>That is my weighted sadly. And I have taken honors and ap whenever offered in that subject area (3 aps total, I can't count how many honors). Ive gotten a's or hi b'd in all my aps. Also I don't live in state for any of those schools. It should also be noted I was a Questbridge National college match finalist. If that info helps anyone then there it is haha</p>

<p>What is your ethnicity? Income level?</p>

<p>You have a shot at Michigan and BU but you'd need a miracle for ivies or UVa (assuming you are OOS)</p>

<p>Ethnicity half white half black.
Low income</p>

<p>Those demographics will help you out a fair amount (if you check black on your app). In that case, a 28, while not 'good' may be acceptable. Freshman year really pulls you down, but luckily that's the least important year. You're still academically a little subpar but your ECs aren't bad. UVA and Mich look to be within range. Ivies will may/may not be it's a tough call.</p>

<p>Ivys = no
UVA = probably no
Mich = high reach
(I'm assuming you're OOS for Mich and UVA)</p>

<p>Sorry, your academics and scores just won't cut it.</p>

<p>Try U of Wisconsin-Madison (very similar to U of Michigan), Miami of Ohio (lots of similarities to UVa) and some excellent private colleges that aren't as insanely difficult to get into as the Ivies, such as Clark U (Worcester, MA), Bates, Trinity (Connecticut), Union (NY), Fordham.</p>

<p>You would be wise to add some private schools less competitive than the ivies. Most state schools can not consider race, but private schools can. You may get a boost at privates.</p>