Chances at Georgetown, WashUSTL, Tulane...

<p>I posted earlier but my chances at HYPS are shot so a new list of schools. What are my chances at Georgetown, WashUSTL, Tulane, UChicago, Duke, Smith, Columbia, Vanderbilt, Emory, Rice, Tufts?</p>

<p>GPA:3.6 WGPA: 4.5
SAT:2130 (620W, 750V, 760M)
SATII: USH 720, Math1 710, Math2 620
ACT: 32

<p>EC: Young Dems 3 years
Beta 3 years
Anchor Club 2 years
God's Pantry 200+ hours
Mayor's Youth Council
10 years of Violin/Viola
Work at Fazoli's
DARE Role Model
Performing in a play this year
Lots of varied community service
Coordinating a fundraiser for local food bank
Coordinator of an annual car wash </p>

<p>Senior year: seven APs plus mentoring
have taken five other APs 4s on APUSH, Psych, Eng Lang, World History. 5 on Calc BC</p>

<p>Asian Female in Kentucky</p>

<p>Duke and Columbia could be reaches because of your UW GPA, but the other stats look excellent.</p>

<p>Georgetown, WashUSTL, Tulane, UChicago, Duke, Smith, Columbia, Vanderbilt, Emory, Rice, Tufts?</p>

<p>AYou would get easily into all of them except that Columbia and Duke might waitlist you. However, Vanderbilt's student population is very conservative, on the other hand, WashU, UChicago, Smith and Tufts tends to be liberal. Also, Tulane is still struggling from Katrina. I personally would recommend 1-Columbia, 2-Georgetown, 3-Duke, 4-WashU, 5-Vanderbilt, 6-Emory, 7-Rice, 8-UChicago(quarter grading system), 9-Tufts, 10-Smith</p>

<p>Well, what do you want to study? If you are particularly interested in international relations/polisci and still want good liberal arts, apply to Georgetown or Tufts early. If you want economics, apply early to UChicago. I think that if you apply early to any of the schools except for Columbia and Duke, you'd get in. Smith, Tulane, and Vanderbilt are probably safeties.</p>

<p>For detailed opinions on your chances, you should post in each of these schools' forums in 'College Discussions".</p>

<p>Janeygirl,</p>

<p>All of the schools you list have this flavor of being REACH to Weak MATCH, given your stats. It's conceivable (though unlikely, I hope) that you could be denied admission to all of them. Because you cannot be entirely assured of acceptance to any of these schools, you may want to research other schools that can be in the SAFETY category.</p>