Chances at NYU, Columbia, Chicago????

<p>I'm a high school senior from wisconsin, at the top ranked public high school in the state, taking all IB courses, including a higher level economics independent study class after school. I'm also taking the highest level Spanish, math, chemistry, English and history classes available at my school.
I am also the captain of the varsity soccer team and I'm involved in some extracurricular service groups as well. My gpa through junior year is only a 3.37(unweighted), however, but i did go my entire junior year with close to a 3.6(unweighted). with a 30 on the act (have yet to take the sat).
I'm half black and half white and will be graduating with a bilingual diploma with English and Spanish.
I'm interested in economics and international business and I'm planning on applying to NYU, Columbia University, University of Chicago. What do you guys think of my chances of getting into these schools? Thanks!</p>

<p>I don't get it, so you had a 3.6 or a 3.37 junior year? What's your cumulative GPA?</p>

<p>my cumulative is a 3.37 but I improved a lot junior year with straight 3.6 the whole year</p>

<p>I hate to break this to you but 3.6 isn't a lot of improvement. To have a good shot at NYU (easiest of the 3) you probably want your cumulative GPA to be 3.7+.</p>

<p>You are in the possible range for all those schools. The only ones who can give you a realistic assessment of your chances are the members of the admissions committees at those schools, and then only when they have your complete application package in front of them.</p>

<p>This message is MIT-specific, but the principle applies to all selective colleges:</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/10581800-post1.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/10581800-post1.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Make sure your college list includes some safeties - schools where your stats are well above the norm, that you can pay for under most pessimistic FA assumptions, and where you'd be happy.</p>

<p>Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using CC App</p>

<p>alright thanks. weighted it's more like a 4 point something I haven't actually done the calculation</p>