Chances at UMich, Miami, Syracuse...

<p>I'm a Freshman at St. John's University in NYC and just finished my first semester. Most of my grades are up but I'm still waiting on two so I have a very close estimate of what my GPA will be like. </p>

<p>College GPA: 3.45 (with 15 credits and taking 15 more next semester)
High School Average: 83 (graduated from one of the top public high schools in the country)
SAT: 1280 (690 M, 590 V)
Excellent Essays/Recs
Plenty of work experience since graduating from HS
Majoring in Sports Management </p>

<p>What are my chances for next Fall at:</p>

<p>University of Michigan
University of Miami
Syracuse University
University of South Carolina</p>

<p>And can anyone post transfer stats for these schools as well? Any help is HIGHLY appreciated</p>

<p>By the way, my GPA might actually end up being a 3.52 if everything goes as planned...any insight?</p>

<p>It might be easier to wait till you have more credits if you want UMich (a higher GPA as well), but everything else seems within reach...</p>

<p>Everything seems in reach...especially if your GPA is above a 3.5...that is the only thing that could hurt you because colleges see a big difference between a 3.5 and 3.6 gpa</p>

<p>I didn't know that there was a huge difference between 3.5 and 3.6, I always thought that 3.5 was the ideal gpa to have and that 3.4 and 3.5 was a big difference. Regardless it sounds encouraging that those are all within range (I know that UMich would be a reach regardless and knowing the small amount of aid that they would give me I'm not sure if I would attend if accepted, it would be extremely tough)</p>

<p>Thanks for the insight so far, if anyone else has something to say about my situation it will also be appreciated</p>

<p>Syracuse is in it's first year in it's sport management program (no track record). Miami, Michigan, and South Carolina are all excellent programs, South Carolina probably being the best of the three. They are all 3 teriffic schools for SM.</p>