Chances for Northwestern NYU UofMinnesota, Penn

<p>I'm a junior.
I have a 3.4 cumulative GPA
28 on ACT (taking it again this June)
EC's:
• I'm in a program called Civil Air Patrol, where a hold numerous leadership positions. I've been in it for 5 years. I went to leadership schools within it. I won awards and helped lead my squadron to win squadron of the year last year.
• I have an autisitic bother. He taught me a lot, without him I would a different person today.
• I clocked in 100 hours of civil service with C.A.P
• I'm going to a rural village in Kenya this summer to help volunteer for over a week.
• I'm in track and basketball</p>

<p>The only thing I'm worried about is my GPA being too low. What do you guys think?
• NYU
• U of Minnesota Carlson School of Management
• Penn U Wharton
• Northwestern Kellogg
• Columbia
• I know it's a big reach but.... Harvard? :/</p>

<p>yeahhh... no chance for ivies. sorry, bud. northwestern and nyu are reaches as well. you're looking halfway decent for minnesota--are you in-state?</p>

<p>Yes I'm in state. What do you mean half-way decent? I think I'm at least at their standards.</p>

<p>Northwestern Kellogg is a graduate program ONLY. Check out brutally</a> honest about college admissions and I'll give you a detailed chance!</p>

<p>Oh ok thank you.</p>

<p>Also, I'm taking two AP classes and honors physics next year. Will that help?</p>

<p>The average kid who gets into ivies has 6+ APs</p>

<p>A 3.4/28 puts Harvard, Wharton, Northwestern and Columbia out of reach. At NYU you're in the bottom quartile, so that will also be a reach. Minnesota Carlson points out that many of its freshman were top 10% with an average ACT of 29. To my way of thinking this makes Minnesota a Match/Reach situation, you have a reasonable but not comfortable chance. You need to add some safeties to your list.</p>

<p>Admissions</a> - Freshman Students - Undergraduate Program - Carlson School of Management</p>

<p>What are you majoring in? For NYU, the admit rates vary considerably among the different schools, with Stern (the business school) being the most competitive. If you're going into liberal arts, I'd say you've got a decent shot at NYU and UMinn, but no chance for the ivies and NW.</p>