CHANCES for Stanford, Columbia, Brown, Northwestern, JHU, Accelerated Med Programs

<p>"do you think my stats are good enough for hyp so my essays are the main determining factor between in/out?" basically yes, but it is still not a given as HYP will have thousands applying just like you, the point is to make sure the thousands are at or below your level not above and at, and i think you are doing a good job of that.</p>

<p>i see i see
any ideas on med programs?
or match/reach for undergrad schools?
thanks everyone</p>

<p>^Instead of waiting for someone to reply to your chance thread, it's much more convenient, and probably more reliable, to look up information on past admission data available on college confidential in the college or program specific forums. You can get an overview of the profiles of past applicants in the Decision threads from year to year.</p>

<p>CC</a> Top Universities - College Confidential</p>

<p>Ivy</a> League - College Confidential</p>

<p>On those medical programs:</p>

<p>Multiple</a> Degree Programs - College Confidential</p>

<p>There you will find fellow applicants who are also interested in medical programs, or people who have applied in the past.</p>

<p>Lastly, this is for everyone: be careful about what you read on this kind of anonymous discussion site:). Most of us are just your fellow high school students who know very little about college admissions and sometimes even needed to be chanced ourselves - don't ever just take someone's words for granted! (as I'm sure all of you know already)</p>

<p>To the OP,
I would highly suggest going on to Student</a> Doctor Network Forums | An educational community for students and doctors spanning all the health professions.</p>

<p>It would be better than here since we are very diverse in our majors and have no clue about pre-med. The Student Doctor forums are better and more focused on the pre-med program, med school, and residency itself.</p>

<p>thanks everyone
xrCalico23, ive already checked the multiple degree forum and posted a thread that links to this chance thread.</p>

<p>thanks gotmilklol for the link</p>

<p>i'm an int'l, so i don't know much about US colleges but i'll try to help. </p>

<p>wait, are you international as well/</p>

<p>test scores great, academics great >> here you're set. as long as you get what you projected</p>

<p>extracurriculars: </p>

<p>600 hours hospital volunteering since soph year
500 hours pharmacy internship since fresh year
will be working a job during summer before senior year </p>

<br>

<br>

<p>been a tutor since freshman year
3 years in science research (class offered at school where we go to science fairs)
CSF [elaborate on this please, it seems like yo</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>member of jsa >> [what is this? I guess a US student would know. Anyways, this and the bottom one seem a bit random. What do you really want to do? It seems like you have the most dedicatio to hospital work and the sciences, you should do more of that!]
teen court member - work as jury for actual minor offenders</p>

<p>///// so CONCLUSION ///////</p>

<p>Stanford >> academics are good enough, but ECs... i think you can stand out more. since this is super competitive right? standard reach </p>

<p>brown/columbia/northwestern >> these are also top notch schools, slightly less than stanford but very hard to get in nevertheless! What do you want from a brown/columbia experience? stanford i understand because its med, but what about brown/columbia? If you feel like this college will be a match (in personality and interests), then perhaps it's good. low reaches. </p>

<p>JHU >> high to mid match, because it seems to fit you well. </p>

<p>others i'm not too sure. </p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/933358-stanford-ea.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/933358-stanford-ea.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>thank you itchynametag for your detailed response!
well i was thinking of just a standard job like fry cook or cashier?
ive only earned honorable mention at science research, but im definitely planning to go to the county level next year
for golf, if im following your advice, i should also put down swimming, which ive done since i turned 5, and only a couple years ago quit swimming competitively, as well as piano, which i quit after around 5 years of practice (CM lvl 6)?
im very interested in both brown plme and undergrad because of not only the name value but also the fact that it has an open curriculum format, which will allow me to choose the classes im most interested in taking
for columbia, im not really sure if i can see myself going there, but i just included it to see what people's responses would be about my chances at being accepted.
do you think that i should apply, in the place of columbia, to a school at a comparable level to jhu/northwestern?
also, any thoughts on u pitt / wustl 's accel med programs?</p>

<p>You are a solid candidate. Your scores are in range for all your schools, even your reaches. And your ECs + volunteering show that you are just as capable outside the classroom. Honestly, everything looks good. But I heard you need around a 4.0 unweighted for med programs, so that would be your only drawback in my eye. Good luck!</p>

<p>thanks optimisticgirl92
yeah im looking to raise my uw gpa in my senior year</p>

<p>bump........</p>

<p>bump 10char</p>

<p>bump10char</p>

<p>bump10char</p>

<p>I think NYU,USC,UCLA are matches, while BU is a safety. It's hard to forecast Ivies admissions though, you have a shot at Ivies, but don't get too upset if are rejected by them.</p>

<p>really? nyu,usc, and ucla are matches only?
i was thinking of them as safeties. youre post also is not consistent with the responses of those before you.
how did you reach this conclusion?</p>

<p>I would say that you are a good candidate for the schools you have listed. Your EC's may not be as stellar as other applicants to Ivies, but they are not "lacking" in my opinion. Personally, I would not include golf if it is only a hobby and something you do every once in a while. On the other hand, if golf is something you are truly passionate about and you are good at it, you may consider putting it, but it is not going to make or break you regarding admission at these selective schools.</p>