Chances for UC or ivies

<p>I'm an international student from HKSAR, China.
I applied for both UCLA and UCB (both engineering) in November, and applying for UMich and some ivies.
I know my chances are quite meager, but I just want some concrete feedback and evaluation.</p>

<p>SAT I:
October 2011 - 2030 - R 610 M 800 W 620 (essay 10)
December 2011 - 2080 - R 610 M 800 W 670 (essay 9)
Taking the last SAT I in January.</p>

<p>SAT II:
November 2011 - Physics 800 Chemistry 800 Maths II 800</p>

<p>Academic performance: About top 15% in the form of 200 students
The ranking only takes languages (which I performed mediocre) and basic maths subjects into account, but no science, humanities and advanced maths (calculus) subjects (which I performed a lot better).</p>

<p>Extra-curricular activities:
English & Chinese debate team member, regional tournament experiences (no merits though)
Vice Chairperson of Philosophy Society
Editor of School Newspaper</p>

<p>Work experiences:
Summer job in PR Agencies as marketing assistant, responsible of translation and oral interviews of artists</p>

<p>That's about it, quite commonplace isn't it?
And I am inclined to choose maths/science/engineering subjects for the colleges of common application regular decision, so how much greater my chances would be considering my relatively good performance of maths and science?</p>

<p>Are you asking for any financial aid?</p>

<p>Yes. But public universities are unlikely to provide considerable aids to international students, I think?</p>

<p>Bump.........</p>

<p>Yes, public Us are unlikely o give you aid, especially the 3 you list.</p>

<p>Your stats do not look competitive for ivies. Therefore, you don't look to have any realistic schools on your list. If you're serious about US colleges, especially needing aid, you need to apply to some privates know to give aid to intnls that are considerably less competitive than ivies and that don't get lots of high stats applicants from China.</p>