<p>I was just curious to see what people on this site would say about my chances...</p>
<p>First off, I'm an Asian-American female living in Illinois. (Suburbs of Chicago)</p>
<p>Here are my credentials:
ACT: 26 (Retaking in September)
SAT: 1850 (M - 670 CR- 500 W - 680)
-I realize my GPA and scores are pretty average/leaning towards low
-I attend a REALLY competitive school, I know for sure I am in the top 50% of my class, and I believe it's really like the top 30 something percent...not that it really matters since I'm not in the top 25%.
-My freshmen year grades were really bad, and my grades have improved each semester of my high school career. 2nd Semester Junior Year I had a 3.85.</p>
<p>Senior courses to be taken: AP Spanish, AP English, AP Micro/Macro, Calculus, Advertising, Horticulture
*I took two APs my junior year but that was about it for Honors/AP...however I am a year ahead in Math.</p>
- Held a job last summer, and currently have one now (going to continue working throughout senior year)
- 80+ Volunteer Hours (Will reach 100 by the time I apply)
I volunteer at the local children's museum where I work in the marketing department on advertisements/flyers etc for the museum
At a place where I help put together birthday packages for needy children in the area.
- Kid to Kid --> it was a program for my psychology class where I got to serve as a teaching aid in a 5th grade classroom every week. (junior year)
- Lacrosse team (sophomore year)
- Speech team (sophomore year)
- Star Raiders/Drug free club (sophomore, junior, and senior year)
- Art club (sophomore, junior, and senior year)
- Religious classes (freshmen year)</p>
<p>At this point I'm wondering if applying undecided is the way to go...
I'm thinking of majoring in Advertising/Marketing...something along those lines.</p>
<p>Any advice, input, thoughts etc would be appreciated.
Also, if you can think of schools that would be good matches for me that would be great too.</p>