Chancing Rising Senior for 7 schools (PSU, UPITT, CMU, RPI, Drexel, Purdue, Cornell)

<p>Possible major: Civil Engineering
The Schools:
Drexel University
University of Pittsburgh
Purdue University
Penn State University Park
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Cornell
Carnegie Mellon University</p>

<p>SAT:Math: 680, CR: 670, Writing: 660 (1350, 2010)
Math: 710, CR: 790, Writing: 620 (1500, 2120)</p>

<p>SAT II's: **Bio: 730, Physics: 740, Math: 750
**GPA:
3.69 (Unweighted)
Class Rank: ** 45 out of around 450-500 students
**Senior Classes:

AP Psychology
AP Calc BC
AP Physics
Honors English 12
Robotics and Engineering
Honors Philosophy
Will total **4 years of math (3 honors, 1 AP), 4 years of science (3 Honors, 1AP), 4 years of History (4 Honors(Gifted Program)), 2 years of Honors Spanish, 1 year of Mandarin from Community college, 4 years of English (3 Honors, 1 AP).
**AP Tests:
Intending on taking AP Psych, AP Calc, and AP Physics tests.</p>

<p>EC's: Future Business Leaders of America (10th grade VP, Recording Secretary (12th grade)), Kick Off Mentoring (Mentoring Freshmen; Treasurer and KOM team leader), Gay Straight Alliance, Reading Olympics, Symphonic Orchestra (only for 10th grade, in the 1st violin section), National Honors Society, Science National Honors Society, (Possibly National Business Honors Society).</p>

<p>Awards: 2 Student of the Month Awards, 1 Reading Olympics Blue ribbon
FBLA Regional Awards: 2nd place Intro to Business, 2nd place Business Law, 3rd place Cyber Security
FBLA State awards: 2nd place Leadership, 4th place Leadership, 10th place Hospitality Management, 5th place Cyber Security.</p>

<p>I might be forgetting something, or you might need more information. Feel free to ask and I'll try to update information as it's needed or as I remember.</p>

<p>Unweighted your GPA is a little on the lower side for Cornell, although I'm not really sure about stats for the other schools. Your SATs look pretty good and you've taken a rigorous courseload. If you have an upward trend with your GPA, this may help to improve your chances. I'd say you have a good shot at all of them if you write good essays and keep your grades up senior year, as well as possibly getting work experience in a field that relates to one of your key interests/potential major.</p>

<p>Chance back-->
<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/969336-chance-unc-wilmington-odu-2.html#post1065333540%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/969336-chance-unc-wilmington-odu-2.html#post1065333540&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Yeah, I know about my lower GPA with regards to Cornell. And my GPA did have an upwards curve. It was 3.25 last year.
But no work experience, sorry.
Oh, and sorry, I'm not experienced with the schools you are looking at, but your thread made me realize I might need more info.
xD
Fff, is there an edit post button?</p>

<p>edit: Oh, I see.
Well, new information.</p>

<p>I'm a... "first generation"(second generation?) Asian American? Both my parents came from china, first in the family to get here.
No work experience, and not planning to get a job unless you count possibly helping out my dad's company in china next summer.</p>

<p>I'd say your SAT scores are still a little low for both Cornell and CMU, perhaps by at least 100 points. If you can get the same increase as you got from round 1 to round 2, you have an okay shot at Cornell and CMU. You might also consider taking the ACT to see if you do proportionately better. I don't think your GPA is as much of a problem as your SAT scores for your top 2 schools. Matches or safeties at your other schools. Engineering has very competitive applicant pools.</p>

<p>Supposedly there is a lack of female engineers, which might help my cause....
And I'm content with my SAT scores, especially with the 1500/1600 the second time. I'm fine with the reach school state.
Thanks JShain!</p>