Colleges that have great and affordable study abroad programs?

<p>I am a HS junior and will start applying to schools in the fall. An important factor for me is the school's study abroad program. I am interested in majoring in either Public Administration or Communication Studies.
My Statistics
White, lower-middle class male
Interested in merit scholarships.
ACT: 29
Weighted GPA: 3.6
Unweighted GPA: 3.5
Honors Program
AP: Government and Comparative Politics, Statistics, Environmental Science, Psychology
Rank not sure, probably top 25%.</p>

<p>This is a broad question…many, many colleges have affordable study abroad programs. Some colleges have their own in-house study abroad programs; some do exchange programs with select overseas universities. My college did neither, but our study abroad coordinator a good relationship with several independent/third-party study abroad programs AND my college allowed students to take all of their financial aid abroad with them. I had a merit scholarship, so I was able to use that to cover the fee; the study abroad program I did was a little bit more, so I worked with the study abroad coordinator to find a scholarship that covered the difference. You definitely want to try to attend a college that allows you to take most or all of your financial aid with you (most top colleges do).</p>

<p>The way to figure this out is to visit the website of each school and click onto the study abroad section (probably in student affairs or academic offerings), and then look through. This was very important to me when I was going to college, too, as I knew I wanted to study abroad - so I paid close attention to the number of programs and the quality of those programs. I was specifically interested in immersive experiences (as opposed to programs in which you’re just hanging out with a bunch of American students all the time).</p>

<p>You may be interested in Goucher College, which I believe requires all students to study abroad at least one semester.</p>

<p>Test again. Take the SAT as well. If you can get your ACT in the 30’s (or SAT equivalent) you’ll get more merit.</p>