Columbia SHP

<p>What category would this go under in the common application? I don't get college credit for it, but I wouldn't consider it an extracurricular in the regular sense...should I list it as an academic honor since there was a selection process?</p>

<p>bump........</p>

<p>It's NOT an academic honor. They select everyone who can successfully complete the application.</p>

<p>^^ That's not true. Btw, you're always taking the pessimistic route. Eh...to each his own. What do you suggest I list it as then?</p>

<p>suze clearly doesn't know what she's talking about.</p>

<p>I'm putting it down as an academic honor to be a scholar. You could classify it as an activity, too, if you'd like. It can go either (or both) ways.</p>

<p>thanks. btw what course you taking? number theorys' my first choice.</p>

<p>Sorry, but I know nobody that applied, including those at the bottom of my HS class, that didn't get in. And almost none of them gott into Columbia. Let's face it, the pessamistic view where admissions are concerned turns out to be the right one most often.</p>

<p>sorry suze you're wrong.</p>

<p>My first choice was orgo, then random bio courses.</p>

<p>Gxing, my son went to the Columbia SHP, and he put that under academic honors, and he listed the courses he had taken. That was an extraordinary experience for him.</p>